Spring 2013 Knob Creek Machine Gun Shoot

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by melbo, Jan 12, 2013.

1. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

There's another one off of US 93 near Wikieup, AZ, on 22, 23, 24 March for those west. They have events in March and October. That's where I took the pic for the avatar. It's a nicely restored WW2 M18 Hellcat that shows up from time to time. They were lighting off the 75 mm main that day. Muzzle blast was impressive. Night time shoot is the best, tracers, pyrotechnics and R/C airplane "drones" with lightsticks attached as targets. Mini-guns also show up sometimes. They're quite the show with tracers at night.

www.mgshooters.com

2. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

Just wanting to confirm that I will e arriving at Knob Creek some time on Thursday afternoon ad staying until Monday morning. Anyone that wishes to confirm and meet can message me and I'll give you my cell number.

3. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Looking at flights now.

4. Altoidfishfins

Surprised they're willing to expend that much ammo. Way things are going it just may be needed.

5. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Hey @melbo, don't forget to pack you SECURE Phones... and remind @ghrit to bring his..... You share one of yours with Seacowboys, and he can lend one of his to RH, and yo'all will be communicating....

6. melbo

The guys that actually have line space are typically multi-millionaires who buy their ammo by weight rather than price....

7. melbo

Good idea. I was wondering how we'd all hook up. I'll be camping and figure that the camp area is a good place to meet.

8. Quigley_Sharps

Quigley_Sharps The Badministrator Administrator Founding Member

Now that Might work @melbo, October would be much easier for me.

9. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

We'll find you. Wish I was camping too but not this trip

10. melbo

We used to fly some flags of the bumper of my truck as shown in this thread: (lots of great pics!) Knob Creek pics, (56K warning)
    but I won't have a truck this time :(

[​IMG]

11. Altoidfishfins

Usually more ordinance shows at the October shoot. I'm skipping this one. But may check out the October one.

A couple of years ago I burned through $100 worth of ammo in less than 60 seconds with a rented 1919A4. That's the last time I did that.

They have Maw Deuces you can rent too, for $4 a round. They also have an M-16, full AK, a PPSH, a Thompson and a couple others for considerable less.

12. melbo

13. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

@melbo "You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action." is all I see of the head count thread

14. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

that's cause you're not going K [lolol]

ghrit likes this.
  15. kellory

I wasn't aware it was restricted, and was curious who all would be able to go. :(

16. RightHand

Wish you could make it K. It will be a good time

17. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

K, that thread is in the Team Clubhouse. You have to be a site supporter to access the team clubhouse. You are of course welcome at Knob Creek.

18. melbo

Oops, didn't realize that when I linked it - sorry

19. kellory

It's all good...have fun.:cool:

20. melbo

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7