Springfield Armory M6 Scout

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Seacowboys, Jan 28, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Gunny Highway

Gunny Highway Hard Work and Sacrifice blessed by God's Grace

Are You Selling ?

2. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

already traded it to Sapper John...

3. Gunny Highway

Gunny Highway Hard Work and Sacrifice blessed by God's Grace

Just my luck LOL Oh well...all things come to those who wait. I will find one...

4. craneje

craneje Monkey+

I just recently bought both an M6 and a 24C (about $350 each). The M6 is definitely lighter and more compact (when taken down) even with the 18" bbls. The Savage is more versatile with its choked 20" barrel in 20 ga. Either is more compact and lighter than my older 24" bbl Savage 24 22/410. Anyone of them would do very well as a foraging arm. However, if I ever go trekking across the African veldt, or backpacking in the big bear country up north, I'll carry my Sauer drilling in 12 ga & 30-06. Very versitile, very powerful, very accurate, very heavy, and it kicks like a mule regardless of which barrel was fired. I like combo guns!

kellory likes this.
  5. ExHelot

ExHelot Monkey

For 'GunKid' or 'Tweeter' or whoever you are: I'm a newB to the forum and have enjoyed the posts till now. I have a couple of observations that won't benefit you but putting them into the domain will make me feel good. First: If you've made your bones you don't have to tell folks your attitude and actions will speak for themselves. Second: Dude, why so bitter? Third:I love my M6 and am able to take game up to and including small deer with it. But then again I know how to hunt. Fourth: The M6 is my bug-out gun. It keeps my load light due to its low weight and volume. The number of rounds I can carry is vastly increased by choosing that caliber/combo too. Fifth: The M6 is not my first choice as a hunting weapon during normal times. I keep it for an emergency situation. I learned as a kid that stalking/still hunting have their place in the field. We didn't have a lot of money for wasted ammo back then. I still don't.
    Finally....I really like this forum, it has all kinds of very knowledgeable folks posting on a lot of intersesting topics.

kellory and oldawg like this.
  6. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

ExHelot, GunKid shows up about twice a year, under a new handle... He is quickly found out and BANNED, after the folks have their fun, with him.....
    Just another Internet Troll... Don't spend a lot of time on him.... We don't... ..... YMMV....

ExHelot and oldawg like this.
  7. ExHelot

ExHelot Monkey

Thanx for the lowdown. I'll save my energy for serious folks. By the by, I never heard of 'troll' before, I get it, I like it. I'm a little bit of an antique so internet parley is new to me but I'm learnin'.

8. Pax Mentis

Pax Mentis Philosopher King |RIP 11-4-2017

Interesting to run across this thread today.

Just yesterday, a friend and I were playing on the range at the house and we got into plinking with the M6 that was the original subject of this thread (I traded SC for it last year and am very happy with the trade...good profit for him and filled a hole in my collection I had been wanting to fill for some time).

I can say that the 550 cord wrap has done absolutely no harm to the accuracy and the gun is a "kick" to play with. The .410 will make my shoulder remember it for a couple of days, but that just extends the memory of a fun day.

:D

9. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

Glad you enjoy it Pax; I got a real one in .22 Hornet/.410 but is's an SBR.

10. gunbunny

gunbunny Never Trust A Bunny

Hey Sea-

That's an interesting idea for an SBR.

I often thought about getting a Rossi Ranch Hand and SBRing it with a full stock. Just for kicks and grins. I also thought about SBRing one of my Glocks so I could put the factory stock on it, with a .22lr conversion and suppressor. I thought that would be fun enough to spend $200 on.

Then someone called me a Mall Ninja. I don't even go to the mall. I just enjoy shooting anything that goes BANG. Is there something wrong with playing around with your weapons (keeping them within the legal guidelines) and enjoying them as a hobby and sport?

Anyway, do you have any pictures of that M6?

ExHelot likes this.
  11. ExHelot

ExHelot Monkey

I put 550 para cord on my M6 after being inspired to do so by this thread. I'm so happy with the result I could just shoot; So I did. The paracord made no difference in POI and now I have an extra 50' of it just in case.

12. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

gunbunny likes this.
  13. gunbunny

gunbunny Never Trust A Bunny

That tape will get everything it touches sticky, and the adhesive in cheap stuff turns to slime when it gets hot. If he ventures around in the middle of the summer and gets it wet... It will be a sticky mess.

Take it from an electrician. I wouldn't wrap anything I would plan on using (other than wires) for more than a day with electrical tape, even the good stuff. It is, however, good for a quick fixup if you cut yourself. Just don't mind the black sticky stuff it leaves behind.

chelloveck and kellory like this.
  14. chelloveck

I agree....hose clamps, heavy duty zip ties, or even para-cord lashings would make for more durable fixings, but in an emergency, ductape will do, short term. anything shiny like hose clamps or zip ties would be best camouflaged with matt paint.

15. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

I don't get it. What's wrong with a possibles bag that won't spill the extras when you dump out the tube? What's to keep from dropping the tube plug or having it fall out? I'll take my musette bag before that sort of thing. Creative? Yes. Good idea? Maybe, just not for me. YMMV.

oldawg and kellory like this.
  16. chelloveck

You make valid points, and it raises some design issues that may require more refinement. The main advantage is that the ammo and the means of firing it are together as one unit, whereas a possibles bag may become separated from the firer. To each their own...each person must do what they feel will work best for them in the kind of circumstances that they are likely to find themselves. Your comments have value in that any system should be evaluated critically to identify any weaknesses and shortcomings in it. Doing so may save some heart ache and tears (and perhaps much worse) when a grand idea is put to the test under fire.
    :D

17. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Bump.
    This is the thread that brought me here, several years ago. A google hit on this site. Springfield Armory M6

Witch Doctor 01 and chelloveck like this.
  1. Brokor
  2. kubo0885
  3. CATO
  4. tlance22
  5. Seacowboys
  6. Doggtown
  7. Seacowboys
  8. long colt
  9. NYBuilder
  10. edwardavion
  11. sapper112
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary