1. The Topic of the Month for June, 2017 is "Organization" Please join the discussion on the forum.

Springfield XDS 9mm

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by DarkLight, Aug 9, 2014.

1. DarkLight

DarkLight I self identify as a Blackhawk Attack Helicopter! Site Supporter

I did a search and didn't see anything for a couple of years back. Anyone have one/shot one? I have pretty big hands but the one I held felt pretty good. I'm looking for a possible different CC and I like how thin it is compared to my M&P 9c.

2. Pineknot

Pineknot Concrete Monkey Site Supporter+++

i own the xds in 45 cal and love it, i will be ordering the 9 or 40 also

Brokor likes this.
  3. DarkLight

DarkLight I self identify as a Blackhawk Attack Helicopter! Site Supporter

Do you carry the .45 concealed and how long is the barrel? 5 or 3.3?

4. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

My daughter has an XDS in 9mm and I shoot it pretty well, but don't like the "feel" of it as much as my M&P Shield in 9mm. I carry that Shield most days and really like how well I can hide it... and it shoots really well for a small frame. I have large hands as well and with the extended mag I can wrap around it comfortably... [2c]

5. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey Site Supporter

I carry the XDS45 with the extended mag. Also use it to knock out Tree Rats.

Has a Crimson Trace too.

I've carried most of my life and I gotta say this one fits me to a T.

Crossbred Holster.

6. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

XDM .45 Here, I only use this when running my hog trap, Can't comment on the 9 or 40, However I have not heard anything bad about them, Rent one and shoot it before you buy.

ghrit likes this.
  7. Dogfood

Dogfood Monkey+

My friend is a gun smith and works on a lot of them. He tells people to stay away from them. They do feel cheap to me. I guess you have to keep in mind the people that work on them mostly see the ones that need to be fixed.

8. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey Site Supporter

Never a FF or FF or F to eject

9. Pineknot

Pineknot Concrete Monkey Site Supporter+++

Dark light were you addressing me? Not sure I have the 3.3, I have carried side, rear and front

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7