Spying with Apple devices

Discussion in 'Technical' started by Motomom34, Mar 16, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I need tech help. I saw this done. Really cool

If you own Apple products or similar products maybe you can help. The reason this would be an interesting thing to do is that it could help you see if trouble is coming. If you and yours are hiding in a room and the bad guys head down the hall, you could use your phone or device as a camera to track their movements.

I am interested if you can use a phone and tablet or Ipod and phone or tablet? Or would it have to be just a phone and watch.

2. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

You can use ANY of the Apple Products to look at just about ANY imbedded Camera, in ANY other device that has either a BlueTooth, (<10 Meters) or an IP Stack, in it's Communication Protocols.... I use my iMac, iPhone, iTouch, and iPad, to monitor the IP Web Cameras that are placed around my AoO, to watch the Area... These may be connected to my Network via Wire, (Ethernet) or Wireless. (WiFi)

Motomom34 and Altoidfishfins like this.
  3. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

I sleep and my babies keep watch. They growl when they (somehow) hear the deer munching corn 60' away. Most any form of security can be beaten except animals.
    Last week, a fox was in the woods. My girls let us know he was there. Unfortunately, their greetings ran him off before I could deal with him.

If someone enters our home; I would let them loose and deal with it.

4. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

And then there is this

Ganado and Motomom34 like this.
  5. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

My iPhone is fingerprint protected, no need for entering the 6 Digit Unlock Code, out in the field.... I do NOT USE a Thumb, or index Finger, either, so they would need to know which finger I used.... And after four Tries, on the fingerprint, it reverts to the 6 Digit UnLock Code.... Which neither Apple, the FBI, or anyone else can crack.... My information is as safe as anything on this planet....

6. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Mystique ---

7. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

I surf naked. It's FAR more effective than taping the lens...

enloopious, Dont, Mountainman and 2 others like this.
  8. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Thanks for letting me know this can be done on most any device. Due to being techno illiterate, it would be great to know if I need a certain app or how to find the info I need to set this up.

9. enloopious

enloopious Rocket Surgeon

Motomom34 likes this.
  1. sec_monkey
  2. 3M-TA3
  3. Yard Dart
  4. Motomom34
  5. DarkLight
  6. sec_monkey
  7. sec_monkey
  8. sec_monkey
  9. melbo