Starting a business to fund preps

Discussion in 'Financial Cents' started by hollisticprepper, Oct 23, 2015.

1. Hello everyone,

This is an idea I have been toying around with for some time now, and I thought I would bring it up here to see what you guys think.

Now, I have been in many groups over my period as a prepper, and one thing I have noticed is that there are a lot of preppers out there who are below the poverty line. So, with this in mind, I had to ask myself: how does someone in this situation get to a point where they can do the preps they really want?

Well, here is what I came up with. First, they need to do what little they can to prep. Second, they need to analyze their sellable skill-sets. What is there that they can do that could be used to make some extra cash(In my case, it's DIY crafts)? Third, they need to figure out how to get the business off of the ground. And finally, they need to go out and do it. Eventually, they will make the extra money to be able to get things done. The beginning may be a bit rough, but if they continue working on it, they will be able to do whatever they set their mind to.

UncleMorgan likes this.
  2. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

UncleMorgan likes this.
  3. AxesAreBetter

AxesAreBetter Monkey+++

And I will add adding 75% to your budget for gd advertising! The old saying it takes money to make money is VERY REALISTIC!

UncleMorgan likes this.
  4. UncleMorgan

UncleMorgan I like peeling bananas and (occasionally) people.

Whatever business you decide to start should not be started to fund your preps. It should be started to make as much money as possible. That way your business has a better likelihood of funding your entire personal economy rather than just one small portion of it. The difference in perspective will affect the decisions you make, and ultimately the amount of money you make. The more you make, the larger the fraction that can be used for preps.

Caveman Jim, Dont, Ganado and 3 others like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7