Second Amendment State/LEO response to federal gun ban threat

Discussion in 'Bill of Rights' started by CATO, Jan 10, 2013.

1. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

Tell her/him it's your duty.

yhst-135127410348842_2246_1918608
    yhst-135127410348842_2246_1918608

2. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

Stuff like this is good for people to see--you must stand up to a bully, especially one who things he's a king.

My Second Amendment Protection Act will state that any executive order by President Obama infringing on the Second Amendment rights of all Americans would be declared null and void. - Senator Rand Paul

3. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

Another GA sheriff says 'kiss off.'

Garrison Won't Enforce Any New Laws That "Negate" Constitutional Rights - Canton-Sixes, GA Patch

In the aftermath of the recent criminal events, the president, vice-president and many members of Congress are attempting to exploit the deaths of innocent victims by attempting to enact laws, restrictions; and, even through use of executive orders, prevent law-abiding American citizens from possessing certain firearms and ammunition magazines.
    As the duly-elected sheriff of Cherokee County, I want you to know and understand my position on this issue. I am a strong supporter of the Second Amendment.
    In Georgia, as in most states, sheriffs are elected constitutional officers. Duly elected sheriffs are held accountable by no one other than the electorate of their respective counties.
    There is only one exception, in those extreme emergencies during which the governor of the state of Georgia issues a written declaration of emergency.
    With this in mind, no one other than the governor in a declared state of emergency can tell the county sheriff what to do or command their deputies and personnel into action.
    We are empowered to enforce all state laws and have NO authority or duty to enforce any federal law or mandate.
    The President and/or any other federal official has no authority to order the County Sheriff to do anything. This interpretation is not new. It has been the law of the land since these United States of America came into existence.
    On December 27, 2012, my oath of office was administered by our Probate Judge (Keith Wood), with the final sentence stating, ". . . and that I will support the Constitution of the United States and of this State, so help me God."
    Therefore, I will fully exercise the power of the Office of Sheriff to protect and defend the Constitutional rights of the citizens of Cherokee County. My position is best stated by fellow Sheriff Tim Muller of Linn County, Oregon in his letter to the President. "We are Americans. We must not allow, nor shall we tolerate, the actions of criminals, no matter how heinous the crimes, to prompt politicians to enact laws that will infringe upon the liberties of responsible citizens who have broken no laws."
    Along with Sheriff Muller, other sheriffs throughout the country (including Georgia) and I, will not enforce any laws or regulations that negate the constitutional rights of the citizens of Cherokee County.
    Nor shall those laws and regulations be enforced by me or by my deputies, nor will I permit the enforcement of any unconstitutional regulations or orders by federal officers within the borders of Cherokee County, Georgia.

4. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

Everey Sheriff in Utah tells King to go pound sand.

Utah Sheriffs’ Association Tell Obama to Keep His Un-Constitutional Orders Out of Their State - Patriots Line

In a move that will hopefully sweep the entire nation, the Utah Sheriff’s Association recently released a letter to Obama stating that, while they feel as bad as everyone about Sandy Hook – Guns are NOT the Problem and they will NOT allow their citizens Second Amendment Rights to be infringed by the flick of a pen!
    They specifically state that:

“ it is easy to demonize firearms; it is also foolish and prejudiced. Firearms are nothing more than instruments, valuable and potentially dangerous, but instruments nonetheless. Malevolent souls, like the criminals who commit mass murders, will always exploit valuable instruments in the pursuit of evil.”

“lawful violence must sometimes be employed to deter and stop criminal violence. Consequently, the citizenry must continue its ability to keep and bear arms, including arms that adequately protect them from all types of illegality.”

“it is imperative this discussion be had in Congress, not silenced unilaterally by executive orders.”

“Please remember the Founders of this great nation created the Constitution, and its accompanying Bill of Rights, in an effort to protect citizens from all forms of tyrannical subjugation.

“But, make no mistake, as the duly-elected sheriffs of our respective counties, we will enforce the rights guaranteed to our citizens by the Constitution. No federal official will be permitted to descend upon our constituents and take from them what the Bill of Rights—in particular Amendment II—has given them. We, like you, swore a solemn oath to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States, and we are prepared to trade our lives for the preservation of its traditional interpretation.”

To which, we have NOTHING to add other than: BRAVO!!!!

If only more of our elected officials would get this through their heads.

Here is the letter in full:

5. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Thank the Maker for the Constitutional Sheriffs of Utah.....

6. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

Mitch McConnell vows to block Obama's gun grab in the Senate.

McConnell vows to block gun control measures

LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, bracing for a challenge in the 2014 elections, promised Saturday to try to block President Barack Obama's gun-violence initiatives in a taped telephone recording sent across Kentucky.
    "President Obama and his team are doing everything in their power to restrict your Constitutional right to keep and bear arms," McConnell said in the recording. "Their efforts to restrict your rights, invading your personal privacy and overstepping their bounds with executive orders, is just plain wrong."
    Jesse Benton, McConnell's campaign manager, said the call went out to "several hundred-thousand gun owners and hunters across the state."
    It came the same day that "Guns Across America" rallies were held in state capitals across the country, including Frankfort, where participants cradling guns jeered Obama's plans to clamp down on assault weapons and stiffen background checks.
    Obama laid out his gun proposals Wednesday in response to the Dec. 14 shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn., that left 20 children and six school employees dead.
    The proposals came from a work group headed by Vice President Joe Biden and called for a variety of measures, including outlawing the sale of assault-style rifles, prohibiting gun magazines with more than 10 rounds and requiring that everyone who purchase a gun pass a background check.
    Some of the measures would require congressional approval, while Obama signed 23 executive orders to put other provisions in place.
    "Know that I will be doing everything in my power as Senate Republican leader, fighting tooth and nail, to protect your Second Amendment rights, so that law-abiding citizens such as yourself can properly and adequately protect yourself, your family, and your country," McConnell, R-Ky., said in the phone call.
    At the Commerce Lexington's Public Policy Luncheon on Friday, McConnell avoided the issue of gun control, focusing instead on the national debt, his role in fiscal-cliff negotiations and his recent trip to Afghanistan, the Lexington Herald-Leader reported.
    He didn't take questions from reporters after the speech.
    Republicans have largely opposed the measures, and U.S. Sen. Rand Paul, also of Kentucky, said he would file legislation this week to seeking to nullify Obama's executive orders because he said they stray into the area of "legislation."
    Paul also advocated for allowing school teachers and principals who have concealed-carry permits to take guns into the classroom to protect students.
    Currently, McConnell has no re-election opposition, but some members of the tea party are searching for a quality opponent to challenge McConnell in the GOP primary, while Democrats are trying to recruit a candidate who can challenge Paul in the November 2014 election.

7. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

Or as body count.

Our Rights were bought and paid for with blood, our Rights were preserved with blood and if it takes blood to keep them, so be it.

Mountainman and oldawg like this.
  8. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

So, what happens if the sheriffs of a state don't go along with the state politicians? For example, look what MA is proposing--what if a sheriff in MA said "Sorry, not doing that?" Basically, this is veiled confiscation.

The Gateway Pundit » Blog Archive » Democrat’s Proposal Will Force Gun Owners to Store Assault Weapons At Government Approved Storage Depots

Massachusetts State Representative David Linsky has filed a new bill that would force gun owners to undergo mental health background checks, pay an additional 25% tax on all forms of ammunition, and require firearms categorized as “assault weapons” to be stored outside of their homes at government approved sites.
    Natick Patch reported, via Black Listed News:
    “This bill is a comprehensive effort to reduce all types of gun violence – murders, intentional shootings, accidental shootings and suicides. There is not one solution to reducing gun violence – we can’t eliminate it – but there are a lot of common-sense steps that we can take to significantly reduce the everyday tragedy of gun violence and deaths,” said Linsky…
    …“I have spoken with hundreds of people over the past few weeks in developing this legislation – victims, police officers, criminologists, physicians, and yes – gun owners and sportsmen,” stated Linsky. “There are a lot of good ideas out there. We should all have one goal – reducing gun violence and trying to keep more tragedies from happening.”
    Provisions in the bill include:
    • Having one standard of the issuance of all gun licenses, giving local police chiefs the ability to evaluate all aspects of an application for a gun license.
    • Requires proof of liability insurance for possession of a firearm, rifle or shotgun.
    • Requires that all large capacity weapons and grandfathered assault weapons must be stored at gun clubs or target ranges.
    • Requires live shooting as part of the curriculum for a basic firearms safety course; this is not a current requirement.
    • Requires all applicants for gun licenses and FID cards to sign a waiver of mental health records for review to be destroyed after decision.
    • Imposes 25% sales tax on ammunition, firearms, shotguns, and rifles; dedicates funds towards firearms licensing, police training, mental health services, and victim’s services.
    • Brings Massachusetts into compliance with the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS).
    • Limits gun buyers to one firearm purchase per month.
    That way if someone breaks in your house, all you have to do is run down to the local gun storage facility to get your guns.
    It makes perfect sense.

9. BTPost

The Storage requirement violates Heller, so that will get thrown out, right off the bat, should this actually get passed into Law.... I am very surprised that ANY POL would even think that will pass Constitutional Muster..I guess it shows how STUPID some of these elected Pols, really are....

sgt peppersass likes this.
  10. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

Wait until his royal hindass stacks the SCOTUS with 3 more liberal legislators instead of judges. Heller with get overturned....even Scalia has been saying some crazy things about guns lately.

11. BTPost

There are VERY FEW Major SCOTUS Rulings that EVER get overturned, later. You can count them on two hands? So, it is unlikely Heller will ever get overturned.

12. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

13. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

14. brandonnash

brandonnash Monkey

Disappointed to not see any Tennessee sheriff's on there.

15. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

It's a start. There are over 3000 counties in the US, so I'm told, so presumably there's over 3000 sheriffs that can take a public stand.

CATO likes this.
  16. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

The "if and when" will be the moment when the butcher's bill is due.

Although the movie "The Patriot" did show the atrocities; it did not mention it was a two way street. The real historic version was both the Loyalists and Patriots who killed, tortured and raped the other side's non-combatants. The most savage, brutal and "war crime" filled fighting was between Americans. The information was courtesy of the National Park Service. Historically, the butcher's bill includes more than one might wish to know.

The short form message of "Don't Tread on Me" was we don't want this, but if you step on us, we are united and it is to the death.

Mountainman likes this.
  17. Tikka

Tikka Monkey+++

oooops.

18. Pax Mentis

Pax Mentis Philosopher King |RIP 11-4-2017

sgt peppersass likes this.
  19. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

My state is represented, but I did not see my county yet.....hmmm.:(

oldawg likes this.
  20. BTPost

I am wondering how my State, can deal with this, since we do NOT have Constitutional Sheriffs.... Alaska does NOT have Counties. We have Boroughs, but not everyone lives in a Borough. Our Boroughs are just Municipalities. Does this make our State Troopers, the right folks? I guess I will have to ASK, the LawDawgs, at the AG's Office.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7