Status of arms/supplies availability

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by -06, Feb 6, 2013.

1. -06

-06 Monkey+++

Subject: Status of Gun Industry Supply & Demand

Doug Ross has several important info updates about the status of the gun industry currently, followed by an inventory update. We traveled to Texas for Industry meetings concerning the shortages, here's what we were told:

Smith & Wesson-is running at Full capacity making 300+ guns/day-mainly M&P pistols. They are unable to produce any more guns to help with the shortages.

RUGER: Plans to increase from 75% to 100% in the next 90 days.

FNH: Moving from 50% production to 75% by Feb 1st and 100% by March 1. Remington-Maxed out!

Armalite: Maxed out.

DPMS: Can't get enough parts to produce any more product.

COLT: Production runs increasing weekly...bottle necked by Bolt carrier's.

LWRC:Making only black guns, running at full capacity...can't get enough gun quality steel to make barrels.

Springfield Armory: Only company who can meet demand but are running 30-45 days behind.

AMMO: Every caliber is now allocated! We are looking at a nation wide shortage of all calibers over the next 9 months. All plants are producing as much ammo as possible with 1 BILLION rounds produced weekly. Most is military followed by law enforcement, and civilians are third in line.

MAGPUL is behind 1 MILLION mags, do not expect any large quantities of magpul anytime soon.

RELOADERS... ALL Remington, Winchester, CCI & Federal primers are going to ammo FIRST. There are no extra's for reloading purposes... it could be 6-9 months before things get caught up. Sorry for the bleak news, but now we know what to expect in the coming months. Stay tuned, we'll keep you posted.

Bow Owens says they didn’t know when they’d be getting anything back in stock, from magazines to rifles to pistols. Manufacturers were running full-bore, but couldn’t come close to keeping up with market demand. It wasn’t just the AR-15s, the AK-pattern rifles, the M1As, and the FALs that were sold out. It really hit me when I realized that the World War-era M1 Garands, M1 carbines, and Enfield .303s were gone, along with every last shell.

Ubiquitous Mosin-Nagants -- of which every gun store always seems to have 10-20 -- were gone. So was their ammo. Only a dust-free space marked their passing. I’ve never seen anything like it.

Every weapon of military utility designed within the past 100+ years was gone. This isn’t a society stocking up on certain guns because they fear they may be banned. This is a society preparing for war, and the little monkey and his dumb-ass
    'd number 2 Biden and other arm pit buds have literally asked for it!!!

Barack Obama, Dianne Feinstein and the rest of the Statists have done more to promote gun ownership than the NRA ever did. So there is something we can actually feel good about that the little monkey and his buds have done, well done, Democrats!!!!!
    In this instance, and only this one, I'm all for them!!!!

HK_User, oldawg, NotSoSneaky and 4 others like this.
  2. Dawg23

Dawg23 do or do not, there is no try

yeee--oooowwwwww WOW i knew it was bad, but geez. glad i stay prepared... just sayin.

3. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Ah, wait until you can't get BP rifles and pistols!
    but if you know chemistry or know someone that does, you will be set for the spark and propellant! It ain't going to be cheap. ;)

Dawg23 likes this.
  4. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

We're shipping an average of 5,000 gas blocks a week and still have a 40K backlog. Orders are coming in in lots of 5 and 10K pcs as an average. Same for front sight posts, detents and springs and all other parts AR. We're so backlogged on M14 parts that most of our runs are committed before they are even started. We're running a full time 2nd shift, 7 days a week

gunbunny, oldawg, kellory and 3 others like this.
  5. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Damn tootin'

Dawg23 and VisuTrac like this.
  6. VisuTrac

It's a good problem to have vs. the opposite.

Gator 45/70 and RightHand like this.
  7. scrapman21009

scrapman21009 Chupacabra Hunter

economic stimulus Obammy style: if we ban it, they will build!

VisuTrac and kellory like this.
  8. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

War? Don't fool yourself. People are buying because during the last so-called Assault weapons ban, an ordinary $800.00 "Pre-ban" rifle was bringing twice that. Already, prices have doubled at gun shows and you can still find plenty of rifles if you want to pay a stupid price. Hell, there are hawkers working the lines to get in with $2500.00 price tags on flags sticking out the barrels. If they grandfather them, after a ban and force NFA registry, think what we have to pay for a machinegun...a stupid M16 that costs Joe LEO $800.00 often goes for more than 15K now...War, my ass. The United States is filled with sheep, but the sheep have a merchant's mentality.

BTPost, ghrit and RightHand like this.
  9. VisuTrac

EBR's (Evil Black Rifles) are already bringing 3x what the were pre-sandy.
    mags? bwahahahahaahahahahha 5-10x
    and try to find NATO ammo, if you can it's 3-5x for low box qty and 1.5-2.5x in bulk.
    Stopped in a new (old been years) gun shop. Owner can't get ammo at any price before June and they don't promise it, nor any named items on frankenfeinsteins list. All he has left is Single action colts and Lugers (collector items). He'll be out of business by May if he can't get stock to replenish.

10. NotSoSneaky

NotSoSneaky former supporter

Apoliges for thread drift...
    But speaking of preperations for war;
    How's the supply of No10 cans of MH doing ?
    Anyone try to re stock a trauma bag or put a big FAK together recently ?

11. -06

-06 Monkey+++

We are all concerned about supplies. We had warnings of this mess way ahead of time. We had a fore runner of it after last election. I, just like others failed to heed the warning flags completely but have remedied my errors finally. Firearms, components, ammo, related goods, etc are all being siphoned up as soon as it comes in. Some by knee jerk sheeple, some by scalpers bent on profits, and some by us trying to build our reserves a bit more.
    ETA: "nubees" are having a hard time getting started. Have heard of several who bought reloading kits only not being able to find components.

oldawg likes this.
  12. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

Not to be smug(well a little), but having been a prepper for four decades allows me to sit back and just watch for awhile. Would not want to be trying to get my preps off the ground in todays situation. No real good news anywhere in sight on any front for at least months.

CATO likes this.
  13. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

An addendum, Having gone through this several times since '72, DO NOT GIVE UP! Aquire and put away anything you can.

Dawg23, gunbunny, Brokor and 2 others like this.
  14. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

15. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

VisuTrac and kellory like this.
  16. gunbunny

gunbunny Never Trust A Bunny

I agree with oldawg- unless you are just getting old enough to own a rifle, you have no excuse to not have an AR by now. The ban's been over since 2004 and as long as you had the money, there was a chance to get pretty much any goodie you wanted, as long as it was semi.

BTPost and Dawg23 like this.
  17. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

I have averaged 20-30 K in fired rounds of small arms ammunition over the past seven or eight years, with all the matches and practice required to compete but last year, I only fired less than 10K and looks like maybe the same this year just due to primers being harder to find. I have 100K in primers and 51 lbs of powder, maybe a ton and a half of brass and molds for just about everything that I can shoot a cast bullet through (prefer Delta Precision bullets for my competition guns) so as long as I don't shoot too many matches and cut way back on practice, or use my airsoft for practice, then I should have enough to last a while.

BTPost likes this.
  18. VisuTrac

sssshhhhhhh. There maybe be alphabets interested in your precious metals.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7