Staying Put

Discussion in 'Survival Topic of the Month' started by saki monkey, Mar 14, 2021.

1. fedorthedog

fedorthedog Monkey+++

I relocated to Washington 28 yeas ago to escape California. In the process giving up pension and income benefits. I have now retired and am going to move again. What I thought was a conservative state is a liberal bastion of idiocy. Many fear voting with their feet, it is a must for those who have beliefs and morals.

duane, eb in oregon, oldawg and 3 others like this.
  2. eb in oregon

eb in oregon Monkey

No, it's a matter of my wife and I have put over 35 years of our lives into our small piece of the planet. Too much sweat, too many injuries, too much of everything to leave. I'll leave in a bag, the question is intact or with holes? And I'm telling you Portland Oregon is not the same city I grew up in and my family has been in since 1886.

duane, Gator 45/70, GOG and 2 others like this.
  3. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

I think the saddest part of many places that used to be conservative and mellow is the move ins from cali...

changed so many places so much so fast... it's heart breaking... and they still vote for the same type politicians they ran from...

jim2 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  4. sasquatch91

sasquatch91 Monkey+++

Born in kansas, moved to colorad at 18, didnt last long. Back in kansas, 31 years old and trying to fix the house/garage up to sell and hopefully make enough to re establish in western montana or alaska.

duane and Gator 45/70 like this.
  1. GrayGhost
  2. Asia-Off-Grid
  3. Yard Dart
  4. ED GEiN
  5. TXKajun
  6. tothenaturalstate
  7. 3M-TA3
  8. Motomom34
  9. Motomom34
  10. Motomom34
  11. Equilibrium