1. The Topic of the Month for October is "Make this the Perfect Bugout Location". Please join the discussion in the TOTM forum.

Stevens "combo" guns...

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by dragonfly, Jan 30, 2010.

1. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

I decided to start to look for an old Steven's, model 24 type over/under combo gun.
    I found a 'few' on the auction online...
    Not what I'd expected though!
    They are going from $999.00 to $1,299.00 today...and those are the USED that are available.
    My favorite the .22 magnum over a 3 inch chambered 20 gauge.
    I'd have settled for the .22lr-.410, even though I am no fan of the .410!
    ( I want MORE lead!)
    Locally, as far as I can find, no such critter is on anyone's shelf..
    Sad, but understandable.
    Today with all the newest (old) combo's, that have from: .223, .243, .270 and even up to .30-06....I'd have chosen the old standby, the .30-30 over a 12.
    Tell ya how old I am, my Stevens/Savage model 24 only cost $129.99 back in the "good ole' days"!
    Sux gettin' old!
  2. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

3. Gray Wolf

Gray Wolf Monkey+++

4. dragonfly

dragonfly Monkey+++

Last time I checked, I could "special order" a .45-70 guide gun, or a .444 Marlin at Wallyworld's for around $600.
    Man, even the older C&R rifles are getting scarce today, and prices are outrageous!
    Not to mention buying ammo to feed them!
    I am not really into the 'single shot-multi-barrel' types, but ya gotta go with the flow, until you can find some relic out there being sold for a half decent price!
    Near as I can tell, most combo's are not cheap by any means, including those that are missing pieces, broken hammers, cracked or broken stocks....
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary