Stimulus package...real results near you?

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by brotherpoop, Jan 16, 2010.

1. Byte

Byte Monkey+++

I know exactly what you mean, Brokor! I went through a similar ringer with the CO DMV. I moved to CO from WY and let my ATV trailer reg expire. Had the thing in the garage for over 2 years. Didn't use it once. Tried to get it registered in CO. No way no how would they register it with out the original MSO.

I never got the MSO. They mailed it directly to the county clerk in the county in which I purchased it (Yellowstone Cty, MT). I never even registered it there. WY doesn't require titles for single axle trailers under 950lbs gross weight! Heck they registered based on my bill of sale since they don't require titles.

Anyway, CO law states that if I have a registration no more than 6 months expired I could reg in CO. Or the MSO and as I stated I never rcvd one. I even volunteered to pay the back taxes to CO just to get it registered! No dice. Seems they didn't want my money. Long story short...the CO clerk suggested I drive back up to WY and update my registry and pay the back taxes to them. Then come back and reg in CO. I laughed at the guy.

Moved back to MT. Walk in show them them old expired reg from WY and the woman at the counter smiled and said she'd love to reg my trailer and all my other vehicles! No back taxes nec. It's so good to be back home! [rnt]

Byte

2. fireplaceguy

fireplaceguy Monkey+

The only jobs saved or created in Colorado were government jobs. The fed gov has acknowledged that this is where the money went. (Is anyone really surprised that they took all that money and gave it to themselves??)

Over the last 20 years I've had a front row seat as Colorado's state and local governments metastasized into an abusive and irrational monster. Tax dollars are clearly the cocaine of government, and they partied like someone else was buying. Which they were. I wasn't alone in finding this ominous, but of course those of us who believe government should be circumspect are viewed as kooks.

Now they're in full panic mode. The buckets that used to magically refill themselves with coke are now empty.

They recently raised vehicle taxes by $40 or $50 per year per vehicle, an increase that was clearly illegal under CO law. When they were (rightly) sued for doing it, they argued that "it's not a tax - it's a fee" and the corrupt judge ignored the intent of the law and said OK to the tax hike.

Now they refuse to collect it? They prefer to make people's lives miserable? Funny thing is, you didn't even get far enough to discover that there's also a late fee for not registering at the earliest possible moment - even when they kept you from registering with their stupid requirements. There's an old saying that "you should never give a small man a little power" and my God is this a truth to live by!

The new vehicle tax wasn't nearly enough, of course, so our Governor just signed several additional new taxes into law. More than ten new taxes, actually. Then he broke six ribs in a bicycle accident. Karma?

Congrats, Byte, on escaping to Montana! I'm trying to get out of here as well, before they make it illegal to leave.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7