Stimulus plan - don't be surprised if it works.

Discussion in 'Tin Foil Hat Lounge' started by fortunateson, Feb 17, 2009.

1. fortunateson

fortunateson I hate Illinois Nazis!

After about 2 weeks of this stimulus controversy, I was relieved to realize (so I thought) that these clowns are more inept than we gave them credit for.
    I mean from the surface, it seems as though like they're up to their same old tricks - STD research as economic stimulus !?!?

But wait. Does the stimulus plan need to do anything, or does it just need to look like it's doing something.

After I realized this - I started getting worried again.
    What was the key to 2003 - 2006 "boom"? Among other things, unrestricted lending. What are the banks doing right now? Holding back.
    You have to wonder why. Aren't they in the business of lending? If so, what are they waiting for?
    Maybe the opportunity to make one new president look awfully good.
    Could that have been what was discussed in the closed door - no one is leaving until it's signed - bailout meeting between the banks and the Fed?

Man, I hope not. But think about this scenario:
    Stimulus was passed (today actually).
    Tomorrow or next week maybe, the banks start lending.
    Six months from now, the economy looks like it's coming back and who takes credit? Our messiah/president.

Wait! It get's better...

The newspapers and talk show hosts throughout the nation praise Obama's "genius".
    Key financiers editorialize about his savvy.
    Millions are added to his legions of devotees.

Then -
    Congress passes an amendment to abolish term limits.
    Terrorism strikes again.
    And Obama is voted "Emergency Powers" and his Chancellorship is secure.

2. QuietOne

QuietOne Monkey++

Makes sense. Any bank that won't play the game is stuck with toxic debt on their books and can't lend. Those who play along get lots of regulations along with the bailout money, are effectively controlled by the government and will lend when they're told to. Of course, there will be a big bump of inflation down the road but this just puts everybody in a higher tax bracket.

3. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Re: Stimulus plan NOT TIN FOIL!!

The hell of it is, the stimulus will work. At least for some, and in the short term. But there are a sock full of people that played the game straight, have no debt, own their own house and land. They saved and invested wisely. For one reason or another, they are not working today, either by choice or layoff. Last year, they had to cash out some assets to cover the bills. Results: Too much income for any level of stimulus payment (capital gains and any income earned for the year and or social security) and no way to write down the losses in the market. No (or limited) income means any tax break will be meaningless. For those that lost their arses with job loss and completed foreclosure, there is no relief there, either, unless somehow they have gotten a job, and that will be limited to tax breaks. (Folks that are in incomplete foreclosures are going to have a LOT of help, tho' it may not come very quickly.) Those that did the right thing are getting squatoochi from dot gov beyond the dingy digit of destiny, and there are not enough of them to influence the outcome as witnessed by how their representatives in Congress have behaved.

So, yes, there will be some recovery from the dot gov printing press runs and expenditures. However, without a means to pay off that debt as yet to be determined, the action simply puts off the inevitable, that being a complete collapse of the economic life as we know it, even worse than if nothing at all is done now. Or so it seems to me. No, I will not be surprised to see it work at first. It's the aftermath that is going to affect folks that follow the baby boomers and pre-baby boomers.

4. fortunateson

Oh absolutely.
    TS will HTF eventually, but this shell game may stave it off to get Mr. BO a place on Mount Rushmore, if not full dictatorial powers in the short term. Then when the door is locked, will they care a bit about what comes down the pike next?
    And because of what they are doing now, the aftermath will be that much worse.

5. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

This is much bigger than O'bammy. The international bankers have wanted a world currency for years and it is they who actually run the governments of the world. I say things get a whole lot worse, then our dear leaders around the world come together, with the international bankers pulling their marionette strings and they come up with this brilliant world economic recovery plan. A one world currency. So sez me.

(and btw, 6000 year track record of provable, unerringly accuate, biblical prophecy)

6. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

This is certainly a possibility, and has been considered. We must try and visualize, as much as we actually can with limited information -the possible outcome which falls in line with the NWO policies and planning. Thus far, I believe that the stimulus plan only has to look like it is working, but what is the ultimate goal? The merging of Canada, Mexico, and the US under one monetary system and under control of a world court -and there is more than one way to accomplish such a task. By touting Obama as a true hero, much the same way FDR was heralded as the same, the general propaganda matrix perception will pretty much take most of the attention away from what is really going on behind the scenes. Outwardly, he will save the economy, but in reality...an entirely different objective is at play.

Their game has not changed.

7. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

[lolol][lolol]which brother achmed?[​IMG] Zmed?:[​IMG] (google images "gay osama bin laden")

Nothing meaningful to add.
    2pts for Interesting out of the box thinking;.
    and as for "getting squatoochi" I could use a little "squatoochi"!.[rofllmao]

8. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

You've confused "squatoochi" with "squatushi" I think -- :lol:

9. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

I
    [fnny] Damn I hate when that happens!
    Any port in a storm ?
    Eh: Toochi, tushy; "I aint askin' for much...
    I said "Lord take me down-town I'm just looking for some tush!!..
    (just a little ol bar band from tejas). :)

10. Revelation1412

Revelation1412 Monkey++

Considering what we have been seeing in the news lately I am not sure that there is too much reason for optimism.

11. SLugomist

SLugomist Monkey++

STIMULUS PLAN SHIMULOUS PLAN.

Didn't our owner(s) address us today? I mean the Chinese, didn't they dictate economic policy to us today? LMAO Isn't the sec of state on their payroll?

LMAO

Silly politicians with their games.

12. RouteClearance

RouteClearance Monkey+++

If anything, all the bailouts and stimulus plans have done is to delay the colapse for a few months, but it will also cause the crash to go on even longer. There is talk going around about this Greater Depression lasting anywhere between 25 to 30 years.

13. fortunateson

After reviewing the news of the past week, I think I was onto something with my original post.
    Also, I'm working with a realtor who says that things are picking up. He's got a slew of new homebuyers because banks are opening up.

Soros at work.

14. Cephus

Cephus Monkey+++ Founding Member

I said that about two years ago after I read it in the BOOK and said to myself that if it is written in there ,there isn't much I can do to stop it .
    Maybe delay it but never stop.
    Makes ya feel kind of small doesn't it !!!!!

15. fortunateson

Absolutely it will happen.
    It's incumbent upon us to identify these things as they come up (as best we can discern)

As God gives us insight, he also gives incredible investment advice! He's always prospered his people so long as they were obedient.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7