stirring the pot: care to vote in 08??

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by Tango3, Aug 1, 2007.

1. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

2. TnAndy

TnAndy Senior Member Founding Member

"The Bush administration has both the inclination and the power to cancel the 2008 election."

Hmmm....has the "power" ??

Really ?

Are they reading from a different Constitution than I am ??

3. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

Executive orders enacted in a declared "Emergency" suspend the constitution and implement martial law. All for our own good of course.
    Yes they certainly do have the power to suspend elections. All that is required is a severe enough event, ie "terrorist" attack or natural disaster etc., that would quell the populace into accepting it. As a temporary and necessary action of course.
    We're from the government and we're here to help.

4. Blackjack

Blackjack Monkey+++

Don't forget.... according to GWB, it's just a goddamn piece of paper.

5. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

And you see how upset the average american is about clearly documented current abuses and "usurptions of power...

6. TnAndy

Executive orders enacted in a declared "Emergency" suspend the constitution and implement martial law.

Nope.....THAT is not in my Constitution either !

Congress 'may' have passed a law to that effect ( I don't know if they did or not ), but it would NOT be a valid, Constitutional law, and is therefore, null and void.......as are ALL Executive orders unless you happen to work for the Executive branch.

Congress and the President have a clearly defined set of powers given them.....they simply can't make up new ones to suit themselves, not how it works. All OTHER powers not prohibited to the States are retained by the States or the People, respectively. ( 9th and 10th amendments ).

7. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

[dunno]Remember habbeaus corpus, not being held without charges and access to a lawyer

Remember the military commissions act/patriotact?
    Remember Jose Padilla ( us citizen declared "enemycombatant)??( held in a floating military brig).
    Me thinks you haven't been payin' attention to the constitutional abuses.( Okay congress voted to pass the military comisions and patriot acts, but there are plenty of reasons to panicohno[tinfoil101]
    Pick up a copy of "constitutional chaos "at your local barnes and noble...
    I wish you were right...gullible as i can be at times.. I think we are in deep kimchee

8. TnAndy

Oh, I didn't say we were being abused, and many arms of the Feds are doing things to tromp the Constitution......but they are doing so illegally.....not that it makes a lot of difference when you are in a cell.

9. BAT1

BAT1 Cowboys know no fear

If they see Ron Paul winning, Cheney's Private army will attack us again, blame it on Iran, and we patroits will have a call to arms. We will never sit back and let this happen. Run the numbers, they can't even take Bagdad, much less 150,000,000 freedom fighters. That's what we would be, insurgents, terroists, what ever this illegitamate govt wants to call normal people from defending their freedoms. Their nazi laws are null and void. I follow only the Constitution, We'll have them out in 42 months. Sure they can try, but they will die. The true Americans have already cast their vote. Ron Paul in 08!

10. TnAndy

Amen. Ron Paul in 08. Tell everybody you know.....register new voters.....hold up signs at intersections.....do anything you can to get Paul's name out there.

11. Ardent Listener

Ardent Listener Monkey+++

It's never too late citizens!

[​IMG]

12. Ommega

Ommega Monkey+++

United we Stand, and Divided we Fall!!

Lets play a game of "WHAT IF"......

What if the libertarians as well as the Constitutional parties refuse to back the Republican candidate for the general election?

Will they still have enough votes to beat Hillary or Obama?

Any deep thinkers out there?

Your Bud,[beat]

13. Blackjack

Blackjack Monkey+++

As far as I'm concerned..... If Ron Paul doesn't get elected then it doesn't matter who does.... republicrat or demican. IMO they're all crooked thieves and the repubs have driven us to the brink of self destruction just as quickly as the dems would.

14. Ommega

Ommega Monkey+++

Okay, I'll buy that because I live in the Idaho high country and we are surounded by like minded folks that own VERY large toys!
    Besides, I've lived my life and I'm ready for some A C T I O N.....
    Hope you are too :)
    RUN HILLARY RUN.......
    Look for trouble just before her re-election bid in 2012.
    The ability to reason and use good judgement is among the highest calling for us thinking animals, and our most potent weapon is our mind.
    THINK!
    Your Bud,
    Ready Fire Aim !
    [touchdown]

15. DesertDawg

DesertDawg Monkey+++

This same hysteria-based RUMOR was making the rounds before the 2000 presidential election! "King" Clinton had supposedly penned an executive order that would have cancelled the election for an "indefinite" period of time, but he supposedly didn't submit that EO. "King" Clinton DID, however, burn the midnight oil while writing a RECORD number of EO's and "pardons", just before he left office.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7