Storing OTC Meds in your BOB

Discussion in 'Survival Medicine' started by kckndrgn, Jun 29, 2007.

1. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

OK,
    Quick question. I know it's best to store OTC meds (and even your Rx Meds) should be stored in their original containers. Now, I want to have a few advil, tylonal, etc. type meds in my daily carry bag. Not so many that I would want the original bottle for each, but I'm also slightly concernd about just putting all my "pills" in one container and hope I remember which is which.

What are some of the ways y'all carry say 1/2 dozen or less of tylonal, advil, etc. I also carry with me some benedryl due to having an allergy to shellfish and bee stings. (no eppie pen since it's not a bad enough allergy according to the doc)

2. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I keep an assortment of OTC's in very small (1-1/2 x 1-1/2) zip top bags. Those all go into a larger zip bag. I'm lucky that I have access to lots of different sized zip bags we use for parts at Sadlak's. I don't know where to buy them in small quantities but I have seen them used as packaging for things I have bought.

3. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Thanks, I didn't even think that I have tons of those small baggies in my shop. I get pen kit parts in them, they range from about 1" sq to 3"x5" with the zip tops.

Guess I'll go grab a handful and clean them out to put my OTC meds in, and label the outside.

Thanks RH

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7