1. The Topic of the Month for October is "Make this the Perfect Bugout Location". Please join the discussion in the TOTM forum.

Storing OTC Meds in your BOB

Discussion in 'Survival Medicine' started by kckndrgn, Jun 29, 2007.

1. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Moderator Moderator Founding Member

Quick question. I know it's best to store OTC meds (and even your Rx Meds) should be stored in their original containers. Now, I want to have a few advil, tylonal, etc. type meds in my daily carry bag. Not so many that I would want the original bottle for each, but I'm also slightly concernd about just putting all my "pills" in one container and hope I remember which is which.

What are some of the ways y'all carry say 1/2 dozen or less of tylonal, advil, etc. I also carry with me some benedryl due to having an allergy to shellfish and bee stings. (no eppie pen since it's not a bad enough allergy according to the doc)
  2. RightHand

RightHand Pioneer in a New World Moderator Founding Member

I keep an assortment of OTC's in very small (1-1/2 x 1-1/2) zip top bags. Those all go into a larger zip bag. I'm lucky that I have access to lots of different sized zip bags we use for parts at Sadlak's. I don't know where to buy them in small quantities but I have seen them used as packaging for things I have bought.
  3. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Moderator Moderator Founding Member

Thanks, I didn't even think that I have tons of those small baggies in my shop. I get pen kit parts in them, they range from about 1" sq to 3"x5" with the zip tops.

Guess I'll go grab a handful and clean them out to put my OTC meds in, and label the outside.

Thanks RH
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary