Strike?

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by CRC, Aug 3, 2007.

1. CRC

CRC Survivor of Tidal Waves | RIP 7-24-2015 Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Just wanted to throw this out here...

http://www.indybay.org/newsitems/2007/07/26/18437428.php

A general strike has been proposed for 9/11/07. No work, school or shopping. Even a low number of participants can make a difference. The event will show up on the radar of the Powers That Be.​
    <!--<center>
    </center>
    -->Endless War.
    Hundreds of Thousands of Dead Iraqis.
    Torture.
    Surveillance.
    Civil Rights and Habeas Corpus: Gone.
    Executive Privilege: No Accountability.

9/11 Questions?

Corporate Media.
    Corporate Government.

Tyranny. Fascism. Lies.

The Time Has Come.
    To Say NO.
    While We Still Have a Chance.

GENERAL STRIKE
    Tuesday 9/11/07
    No Work. No School. No Shopping.
    Hit the Streets."

Feels like the 60's protests are back in vogue....Aren't there laws against that now?

2. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

I Like dat I-deer; and yes some where I recall reading calling for general work stoppages is criminal( probably less- so than calling for the violent overthrow down on main street), but give some time to dance with Google here and perhaps I can flesh out my line of BS..

3. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

4. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

seems it violates a conpiracy law:
    http://supreme.justia.com/us/250/616/case.html

Each of the first three counts charged the defendants with conspiring, when the United States was at war with the Imperial Government of Germany, to unlawfully utter, print, write and publish: In the first count, 'disloyal, scurrilous and abusive language about the form of government of the United States;' in the second count, language 'intended to bring the form of government of the United States into contempt, scorn, contumely, and disrepute;' and in the third count, language 'intended to incite, provoke and encourage resistance to the United States in said war.' The charge in the fourth count was that the defendants conspired 'when the United States was at war with the Imperial German Government, ... unlawfully and willfully, by utterance, writing, printing and publication to urge, incite and advocate curtailment of production of things and products, to wit, ordnance and ammunition, necessary and essential to the prosecution of the war.' The offenses were charged in the language of the act of Congress.

5. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

6. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

I was in Belize a couple of years ago and they had a general strike in protest of the government. I didn't really know what to expect and was prepared for the worse but was pleasantly surprised. The lights and city water shut-down, all the business closed, the garbage pickup stopped, they dumped truck-loads of dirt on the bridges into Belize City to halt traffic to the airport. The people filled the streets, played music, and maintained their position, otherwise, it was like a big street party; no violence, no looting, no burning buildings, just a calm and serious protest. It worked.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7