Stroke of the pen, law of the land - cool

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by DKR, Jun 15, 2012.

1. DKR

DKR Raconteur of the first stripe

Last Friday, with no fanfare, no press coverage, and with every effort made to hide his actions from the American people, President Obama snuck through the spirit of the DREAM Act via an ICE memo.

Opposed by a majority of the American people and twice defeated in Congress, the DREAM Act grants amnesty to any illegal alien residing in the United States if s/he agrees to enlist in the U.S. military or enter college.

The Obama administration memo to John Morton, Director of I.C.E. (Immigration and Customs Enforcement) directs I.C.E. agents now to use “prosecutorial discretion” with regard to enforcing immigration laws.
    Director Morton says that Obama Administration policy directs border patrol agents not to enforce immigration laws: “When ICE favorably exercises prosecutorial discretion, it essentially decides not to assert the full scope of the enforcement authority available to the agency.”

2. Redneck Rebel

Redneck Rebel Monkey++

In order to meet the requirement of entering college are they eligible for subsidized loans and pell grants?

3. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

and in state tuition.... I wonder if they are on the dole if we still have to pay them and if they have kids are they considered anchor babies?

Over all i don't see this as a major problem unless the anchor baby question and the welfare/medicare isues are not addressed....

4. rsbhunter

rsbhunter Monkey+

Dream Act

I don't know where most of you live, but here in New Mexico, we see what this can, and most likely will, lead to. 80 miles from where i live, in Ruidoso, NM...they just busted a person for laundering drug cartel money at the horse racing track. People are killed, put into cars, and burned on a monthly basis here( in my 57 years of life, this would have been a 3rd world country act).....now, alot of the problems lie in the LACK of a decent judicial system in this state, but alot has to do with the illegals entering this country....i have been told twice that I need to learn to speak spanish! Go to any foreign country, and expect them to change to english...commit crimes, and be given lighter sentences than for traffic violations in other states.....in our local paper, the political cartoon was a local police car with lights and sirens screaming down the street, with the caption" the signs of spring in Roswell". Fully 85% of the crimes committed here are by what USED to be the " minority" , and if the crime is serious enough, they go back to Mexico to escape punishment...Now, this is probably an unusual example, but please don't believe that most who cross the border are just trying to better their lives....that is a fallacy that the press has portrayed to support the belief that it will cause no harm.....this latest step by our joke of a pres. will lead to our country becoming many steps closer to a third world country.....rsbhunter

oldawg likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7