Stupid Question... Excellent Answer!

Discussion in 'Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions' started by Grandpa Patch, Jul 2, 2019.

1. Grandpa Patch

Grandpa Patch Monkey+

Stupid Question... Excellent Answer!

For those that don't know him, Major General Peter Cosgrove is an Australian. General Cosgrove was interviewed on the radio recently. Read his reply to the lady who interviewed him concerning guns and children.

Regardless of how you feel about gun laws, you have to love this! This is one of the best comeback lines of all time.

This is a portion of an ABC radio interview between a female broadcaster and General Cosgrove who was about to sponsor a Boy Scout Troop visiting his military Headquarters.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER:
    So, General Cosgrove, what things are you going to teach these young boys when they visit your base?

GENERAL COSGROVE:
    We're going to teach them climbing, canoeing, archery and shooting.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER:
    Shooting! That's a bit irresponsible, isn't it?

GENERAL COSGROVE:
    I don't see why, they'll be properly supervised on the rifle range.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER:
    Don't you admit that this is a terribly dangerous activity to be teaching children?

GENERAL COSGROVE:
    I don't see how. We will be teaching them proper rifle discipline before they even touch a firearm.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER:
    But you're equipping them to become violent killers.

GENERAL COSGROVE:
    Well, Ma'am, you're equipped to be a prostitute, but you're not one, are you?

The broadcast went silent for 46 seconds and when it returned, the interview was over. I would pay money to have seen her face…

Everyone has a right to be stupid. Some just abuse the privilege.

Zimmy, 3M-TA3, Gray Wolf and 16 others like this.
  2. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

Best people only think your an idiot, open your mouth and remove all doubt!

3. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

THATS A REALLY old joke. If the General said it, Kudos to the MAN with Big Brass Balls.

4. Gaowlpoop

Gaowlpoop Monkey++

Sorry but I heard the same thing attributed to someone else (can’t remember who) about 50, yes 50 years age.

5. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Joke ,, no joke ,,, it still rings true ,,, it’s hard to argue with facts.

Ura-Ki, Gator 45/70 and Dont like this.
  6. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

It's a hoax attribution......

The fact is that the quoted conversation is a hoax. Yep, and it relies on the stereotype of a dumb broad interviewer to get a 2A message across. It adds nothing to the conversation about gun ownership...it just reinforces the confirmation bias of those who feel threatened by the prospect of having their precious guns regulated.

...............................................................................................................................................................................................................

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  7. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

You may be 100% correct. But ,, history teaches us the consequences of letting your government confiscate your weapons .. Does it not ?? We here in America have plenty of weapons ,, way more people own weapons that do not commit crimes ,, than gun owners that do commit crimes. So the argument of taking the guns from 1 million people, because 3 people decided to commit a crime with theirs ,, just doesn’t seem right. If they took the guns from those1 million people,, those 3 would still have guns. Guess how many more crimes those 3 people would commit knowing those stats. I’d rather take my chances just knowing the guns in my closet are there , and ready to risk their life for me when 1 of those 3 people try coming in my house late one night.
    Glad to see you posting again with us Chell ,, I was a bit concerned I may have offended you at some time ,, which is not my intent.

Gator 45/70 and Ura-Ki like this.
  8. Tevin

Tevin Monkey+++

It was proven fake news a long time ago, but it is funny nonetheless!

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  9. BlueDuck

BlueDuck Monkey+++

Nah, I think it was Pelosi.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7