Submitted another Form 1

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by wideym, Feb 23, 2019.

1. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Damn it I'm at 4 months on 1 can and still waiting for day 1 to start on another.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  2. wideym

wideym Monkey+++

Got a letter from the NFA division today about my Form 1 SBR for the RAS47. I forgot to include the local sheriff's info and a request for photos of the manufacturer's markings. When I checked the AK against the form I see where I screwed up. I typed RAZ instead of RAS in the serial number portion. I'll try to contact the point of contact on the form tomorrow to straighten things out and see where I go from here. It's my mistake and I'm glad they looked into it instead of just approving it and the serial number being wrong.

chelloveck and Gator 45/70 like this.
  3. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Thinking you can get an approval form of sorts,Pick up your can,Play with it until the actual stamp comes in....Something along that lines, Your check has been cashed,Your approved,Was reading in another forum about how to get your can out of jail.

Edit, Seems the guy requested a certified copy of his stamp,Received it,Picked up his can and 30 days later the actual stamp came in...Strange things happen all the time when dealing with .Gov

Last edited: Sep 27, 2019
  4. wideym

wideym Monkey+++

Emailed the agent and was promptly replied to with the info to correct the paperwork. I'll mail it off today and hope it won't re-start from day one again.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  5. Idahoser

Idahoser Monkey+++ Founding Member

now wait a minute... I'm just now starting down this road so I'm not trying to be a smarta$$, just trying to remember what I've learned... but I thought the tax was $5 for a short shotgun?

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  6. AxesAreBetter

AxesAreBetter Monkey+++

Made from factory short shotgun.

Idahoser and Gator 45/70 like this.
  7. wideym

wideym Monkey+++

AOW's can be short barreled shotguns without a shoulder stock and less than 26" overall length. $5.00
    Short Barreled Shotguns are shotguns with less than an 18" barrel and/or less than 26" overall length and intended to be fired from the shoulder (ie. shoulder stocked). $200.00

Gator 45/70 and Idahoser like this.
  8. Idahoser

Idahoser Monkey+++ Founding Member

Ok thanks!

9. wideym

wideym Monkey+++

AK SBR stamp came in today, less than two weeks after I sent off the correction. Once again the turn around time isn't too bad.
    I went with a Texas Weapon Systems railed top cover since it would give me a longer sight radius with the peep sight, Magpul furniture, Aimpoint Micro, Ace side folding hinge and AR adapter, and a Gemtech quick mount flash hider for my 30 cal can.

20191010_151801[1].

20191010_151816[1].

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  10. OldDude49

OldDude49 Just n old guy

nice

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  11. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

That seems like a lot of work and bother. I got a sawed-off shotgun that belonged to my Father, I called ATF and they told us how short we could saw it off and how to measure it. We went a little longer to be on the safe side and did it with a hacksaw. If I wanted one shorter I'd just wait til the SHTF and do it then...along with a few other currently illegal projects.

Gator 45/70 and oldawg like this.
  12. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

It's better to figure all this shit out before shtf.
    Say if you saw the barrel off, now you don't have a front site.
    Do it now and you could have a nice 12 inch rifle slug barrel with rifle nice sites that are sited in.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  13. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

At that range I would most likely be firing from the hip and using shot, especially if I were to cut-down the stock.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  14. wideym

wideym Monkey+++

The work is in putting it through testing and evaluation of what is successful and what will fail, before the SHTF. The Ithaca 37 patterns WAY differently with the short barrel and in a SHTF situation I wouldn't want to practice shooting it to see how it handles and patterns. I might not be able to replace ammo and it would attract unwanted attention. Four inches of barrel makes a world of difference in both patterns and jail (and other things according to my exwife).

Gator 45/70 likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7