Suggestions for quick projects to try for camping trip

Discussion in 'Bushcraft' started by Shanna_Redwind, Jun 30, 2011.

1. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Hey E.L.- Can you find those pix and link to here?[bow]

2. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Last time I looked I couldn't find them. I'm a bit tied up and away from my personal laptop and just have access to my iPhone, but if I have a chance and come across them I'll post them or a link. :(

3. Nadja

Nadja RIP 3-11-2013 Forum Leader

I like quite a few others here, agree that map reading without the gps crap, would be one of the best first things you could learn and teach your kids. Learn together. One of the best all around books you could get your hands on , would be the older Boy Scouts of American field manual. It will teach you just about everything you need to know in the art of survival. They teach most of the things in there in a very precise tried and true way. You will not regret buying the book. Read it from cover to cover , and then read it again.

4. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

5. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

That's it, hard to believe that was five years ago.

6. rastus

rastus Monkey+++

Try some basic map reading along with some compass usage. Try a short Nav course with some candy/treats at the wayoints. Make the waypoints short in distance ie under 100m.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7