Supermoon with my new camera

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RightHand, Jun 24, 2013.

1. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Playing around trying to get the right settings. I shot this one with a tripod, ISO 200, Aperture F10, Shutter at 1/125. Not perfect but a pretty good shot

IMG_0173-2.JPG

2. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

3. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

It was pretty cloudy Saturday night so I couldn't get any good shots of the moon itself. this was standard lens, ISO 1600 with Dept of field adjustment

IMG_0099-1.JPG

chelloveck and Yard Dart like this.
  4. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

What Camera did you finally settle on, RH?

5. RightHand

The Canon EOS T3i with macro lens, an 18-55mm, a 75-300mm, a wide angle, and a telephoto plus a half dozen assorted filters, 2 SD32 memory cards and lots of other goodies. I had settled on the Nikon 7000 because I'm partial to Nikon but I got such a phenomenal price on the Canon that I bought 2, one for me and one for Mike.

6. RightHand

Tried it tonight with ISO400

IMG_0193-3.JPG

7. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Now that is a great shot!!!!!!!!!

8. gunbunny

gunbunny Never Trust A Bunny

Partial moon shots always look better than full moon shots because the depth the partial moon's shadow entails into the craters and hills. The full moon just looks like a plate, with no features being highlighted.

Have you ever tried to take a 2-3 second shot of the moon with a dark filter and f32? I tried a few, and the few that came out right had this weird pale purple light to them. The hills in the background looked haunted as they were illuminated solely by the moon.

This was, of course, 20 some years ago with a Yashika 35mm SLR that my dad gave me (that he bought in the late 60's).

Someday, I'll have to dig them out and scan them for digital NSA cataloging and transmission.

9. RightHand

Phenomenal Rainbow tonight

IMG_0202-2.JPG

ghrit likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7