Supplements for Heart, Brain and Life Longevity

Discussion in 'Survival of the Fittest' started by ForumMonkey, Apr 10, 2023.

1. ForumMonkey

ForumMonkey Monkey

Do you take any supplements?

Already taking:
    - Centrum Silver(1/day)
    - Aspirin 81MG(1/day)
    - Zinc 50mg(1/day)
    - Super B(1/day)
    - Ginkgo Biloba 120mg(1/day)
    - Ubiquinol CoQ10 100mg(1/day)
    - Vit C 500mg(1/day)
    - Vit D3 50mg(2/day)
    - Vit K-2 100mcg(2 per day)
    - Omega-3s 1065mg(2/day)
    - Berberine 500mg(2 per day)
    - Qunol Tumeric 1000mg(2/day) "Curcumin"
    - Bacopa Monnieri 350mg(2/day)
    - Odorless Garlic 3600mg(3/day)
    - Resveratrol 800mg, Quercetin 250mg, MCT 850mg (3/day)

I also plan to buy and take:
    - Magnesium
    - Probiotics
    - Alpha-lipoic acid (ALA)
    - N-Acetyl Cysteine (NAC)
    - Fisetin
    - Nicotinamide Riboside (NR) or Nicotinamide Mononucleotide (NMN)

Alanaana and Dunerunner like this.
  2. ForumMonkey

ForumMonkey Monkey

- Magnesium: An essential mineral for overall health, magnesium supports heart function, muscle and nerve function, and bone health. It also plays a role in energy production and helps regulate sleep.
    - Probiotics: Probiotics can support gut health, which is crucial for overall health and well-being. A healthy gut microbiome may also have a positive impact on mood and cognitive function.
    - Alpha-lipoic acid (ALA): ALA is an antioxidant that can help protect cells from oxidative stress and may have potential benefits for brain health, including memory and cognitive function.
    - N-Acetyl Cysteine (NAC): NAC is an antioxidant and a precursor to glutathione, one of the most potent antioxidants in the body. NAC can support liver health, immune function, and may have potential cognitive benefits.
    - Fisetin: Fisetin is a natural flavonoid with antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. It has shown potential in promoting brain health and combating age-related cognitive decline.
    - Nicotinamide Riboside (NR) or Nicotinamide Mononucleotide (NMN): Both NR and NMN are precursors to NAD+, which is essential for cellular energy production and overall health. These supplements have shown potential in supporting healthy aging.

Dunerunner likes this.
  3. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Vitamin D, Emergen-C vitamin C, Zinc Quercetin, and a combo of Nattokinase and a couple Aspirin for blood thinning.
    And a monthly dose of Ivermectin to ward off the 'Rona.

Dunerunner likes this.
  4. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

It used to be that you could get all the vitamins and minerals ya needed by eating out of your garden and off the land.

Dunerunner, 3M-TA3 and techsar like this.
  5. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

Nope...none of those. Fresh veggies, fresh eggs, locally raised meats, local honey...as VT said above, a good diet provides a good balance of nutrients.

And I stay physically and mentally active.

Occasional aspirin if I over-do it, but that's it.

Dunerunner likes this.
  6. Qwertyportne

Qwertyportne Monkey

My wife and I do take supplements. Two reasons. 1) As senior citizens, we figure we may not be absorbing nutrients as well as we once did, and 2) Despite our efforts to eat a healthy balanced diet (fresh, organic and so forth) we figure it can't hurt to supplement our meals with D3, K2, Zinc, Probiotics, Magnesium Citrate and Calcium Citrate. We've stored enough of those supplements for six months. If SHTF, I'll ask Jeremiah Johnson and Euell Gibbons for help... :)

Dunerunner and Seawolf1090 like this.
  7. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Morning:
    1000 U D3 (sunny PNW)
    B Complex
    Preservision
    Fish oil (Costco)
    Glucosamine condroitin (Costco)

Evening:
    Fish oil (Costco)
    Glucosamine condroitin (Costco)
    Multivitamin (Costco)

I'm practicing small Carnivore/Keto meals once a day, so I'm making sure I don't have any deficits. Note that Carnivore in weight sustaining portions, especially with the inclusion of whole eggs, does pretty well providing everything the body can't make itself.

Don't forget vitamins and minerals when setting your preps aside. In the event that bad things happen your body will need more than during normal activity. Have plenty of electrolytes, pain relievers, etc. on hand.

Qwertyportne and Dunerunner like this.
  8. Wildbilly

Wildbilly Monkey+++

A good diet can usually provide enough vitamins and minerals to prevent deficiencies, but supplements are often necessary for optimum health. It's hard to get 500mg of vitamin C, much less 1000mg, by eating fruit.

Dunerunner likes this.
  9. Alanaana

Alanaana Monkey+++

I'm currently taking Omega 3's, Vitamin D3, and Vitamin C. I was shocked to find out that I have a vitamin D deficiency even though I spend a lot of time outside whereas, my bf spends most of his time indoors and doesn't have a vitamin D deficit.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7