Surenderer-In-Chief

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Illini Warrior, Aug 25, 2021.

1. Illini Warrior

Illini Warrior Illini Warrior

crowdaddy, Macgyver and duane like this.
  2. duane

duane Monkey+++

While I will not get into the politics of the game, it is a very effective montage of incidents. I have no idea how Biden could have successfully released the tar baby that Afghanistan has become, useful metaphor if racist perhaps, but the way he has tried so far isn't working. While you can argue his title, no one can argue that he hasn't became the Divider-in-Chief, and while it may be good propaganda for both sides, his actions and the results of those actions have not worked out so far in his reign. I take little comfort and refuse to join in the all out attack on the effects on the country of his presidency so far. People, the lifeboat is sinking, our end as well as their end, and it is rapidly reaching the point, perhaps the 2022 elections, that something has to be done to stabilize our country. Borders, illegal aliens and their status, wars, debt, civil unrest on economy, racial divide, class warfare, rewriting the legal code and biased enforcement of the law, etc, everything is coming to a head in a perfect storm. I doubt that even our greatest president could lead this nation into a peaceful outcome for all our problems. Lincoln's actions preserved the union at the expense of destroying half of the nation and creating tensions that still exist 160 years later. In the end he did not solve the under lying problems, he just kicked the can down the road, and like all the presidents since Truman, declared it a victory.

The world as we know it is coming to an end, the barbarians are at the gates. With the destruction of our industrial base, the running out of both the land and the resources that we used to expand out of our limits in the past, the rapid changes in the population and its racial, economic, and social components, we are at a crisis we have not seen in this country in nearly 100 years. There is little evidence that we have any leadership, on any side, that can lead to a peaceful conclusion. At 83 I hope that it stays together a little longer and can only feel sorrow for those that are younger.

Worked power tools for most of my life, can only reflect on the life of Robert Bosch, born in 1861, died in 1942. His company lead the world in hand tools, engine fuel and electric systems, electronics, so many things. The German airplanes had his fuel injection while ours used carbs, their subs used his injectors on their engines, and so on. Their are many propaganda pictures of this old man being thanked for his and his companies help in the war. Hitler, the navy, the air force, everyone, singing his praises and then he died, as it turned out just about at the peak of the Third Reich. What would have been his view of the success of his life if he had lived until 1946? Country split into pieces, factories bombed into ruins, perhaps charged with war crimes or losing control of what he had built so well. I have high hopes that the problems we face in this country allow me to leave in my version of 1942 and not that of 1946.

It is also interesting to note the way Bosch is controlled, over 90 % of its shares are owned by a charitable trust he created. but they have no voting rights in the corporation, the remaining shares are still largely in the family, with a separate trust was set up to handle the voting in practice. Thus it has maintained its ability to focus on the long term social and economical impacts on its company in a way that we in the USA have not been able to.

3. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

I have a bad feeling its about time to pick that blade of grass Yamamoto was talking about .

crowdaddy, Dont, Ura-Ki and 1 other person like this.
  4. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

I think China is seeing an opportunity here.

crowdaddy, Ura-Ki and SB21 like this.
  5. SB21

SB21 Monkey+++

Russia and maybe a few others as well.

Ura-Ki likes this.
  6. apache235

apache235 Monkey+++

Not sure about the lawn mowing, but due to the drought, Mr. Jefferson’s tree needs watering desperately.

7. nkawtg

nkawtg Monkey+++

Well said

crowdaddy, Cruisin Sloth and Ura-Ki like this.
  8. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Well, it better hurry the hell up as I am not getting any younger but, yeah, it's coming and everyone sees it, everyone knows it.

I am not sure how people around you act but here, North Idaho, they are all, and I do mean ALL, are preparing for the worse. Hell, our population growth is going through the roof as we are being flooding by Californian refugees, all people running away from a government that has gone insane with power and money.

If I was to make a guess, I would bet on the possibility of it all crumbling grows as we get closer to the 2022 elections. I believe should we get something close to a fair election, the Democrats will be stacked, racked, and thrown in the trash. And, then the party will begin because they will not accept defeat. And, that's fine by me, as I believe that would be for the best and how we could finally put our house in order and, at the same time, put the fear of God into our representatives... Now, that suggesting the Dems don't just say, "Screw it. Everyone knows we stole the last election, let's steal this one or we're in the crapper to our armpits." Either way, I think we are going to see it get damn dicey come elections 2022.

Oh! One last thing...let's see if the Republican leadership gets off they backside to ensure the election(s) AREN'T stolen this time or do what they do best - talk $hit - because it's not like they can plead ignorance - not again.

9. arleigh

arleigh Goophy monkey

Seems to me the Republican lessership is behind what's going on. Silence is approval.

johnbb and Dark Wolf like this.
  10. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7