1. The Topic of the Month for October is "Make this the Perfect Bugout Location". Please join the discussion in the TOTM forum.

surgical suturing

Discussion in 'Survival Medicine' started by Madmanmike, Aug 11, 2013.

1. Madmanmike

Madmanmike Monkey

for anyone interested I have free expired surgical suture to offer hit me on this
  2. -06

-06 Monkey+++

Morning MMM, always in need of SHTF gear. PM inbound.
  3. DarkLight

DarkLight I self identify as a Blackhawk Attack Helicopter! Site Supporter

If -06 didn't get them all, I'd be interested in adding to my kit. PM inbound.
  4. -06

-06 Monkey+++

Just need a few--please share if you have plenty. Thanks again Mike--06
  5. C.T.Horner

C.T.Horner Monkey

Sutures are a great item to have if you know how to use them and have some practice under your belt. I recommend honing your skill on a chicken, then move on to an orange, if you can suture an orange you should be good enough in a pinch.
  6. Madmanmike

Madmanmike Monkey

for anyone looking for a good manual on wound closer a practiced my skills on pigs feet pigs are the closest thing to human skin i get alot of practice now that i work in surgery

Attached Files:

NotSoSneaky likes this.
  7. natshare

natshare Monkey+

I've heard that being able to suture a banana peel is pretty good practice, too.

Of course, you could do it like the brother of a friend did, years ago. Got drunk, hopped on a go cart, ended up thunking into a curb, hard enough to slam himself into the steering wheel, and gash himself under the chin. Didn't want to go to the hospital, so he cut the barb off of a large fishing hook, and stitched himself up with some fishing line, in a mirror.

Needless to say, he's lucky he didn't give himself a serious infection.......and that was one UGLY scar!! ;)
  8. Illini Warrior

Illini Warrior Monkey+

if you are looking for a regular supply of expired and economically priced sutures ..... www.shopmedvet.com
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary