Surveillance State? Nah, Can't Happen...Because It Happened Already

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by Mountainman, Mar 28, 2018.

1. Mountainman

Mountainman Großes Mitglied Site Supporter+++

2. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

I am glad they found him and stopped him from harming/killing anymore people but that article is creepy. People think they are flying under the radar but it seems everything you do sends a clue as to where you are.

3. Asia-Off-Grid

Asia-Off-Grid RIP 11-8-2018

Geez, and I have actually been considering returning to the US for a few years? What the hell was I thinking?!

Zimmy, oldawg, Mindy Sue and 7 others like this.
  4. Mountainman

I'm glad they did too, but to give up so much of your (everyones) privacy does not make it worth it in my eyes. In your last sentence you need to leave out "it seems".

5. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Trying to be optimistic. But our privacy is vanishing very fast

6. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

If I was a betting man I would say the only privacy we have left is not to bring the phone to the lavatory.

Tully Mars, oldawg, tacmotusn and 3 others like this.
  7. Asia-Off-Grid

Well, aren't you the optimist. :D :D

Gator 45/70, Tully Mars and tacmotusn like this.
  8. aardbewoner

aardbewoner judge a human on how he act,not on look and talk.

@Gator 45/70 You should look at that toilets the use in japan ,that know who is sitting on it !
    Analyze what in your waste and if it alcohol send a PM to the misses ! Not to say what would happen if it found semen, but the bed say no the din`t OOPS.

Gator 45/70 and tacmotusn like this.
  9. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

We have the Illusion of privacy, nothing else.

10. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

LOL, yup the day is not far off when, you approach the urinal and it identifies you and analyzes whether you are legally drunk and or under the influence of drugs where you should not drive. Your car key or key fob identifies what you are presently probably driving at the same time. Tracking for movement of your car is immediately monitored. When your car moves, LEOs are immediately vectored to intercept your vehicle as a possible DUI in progress. You damn well better have a designated sober driver at the wheel or your sorry sad butt is headed to jail.

Dont, Gator 45/70 and Tully Mars like this.
  11. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

Seems some have read 1984 as a playbook and not as a general warning.

12. duane

duane Monkey+++

With surveillance everywhere with cameras, drones, GPS, data mining, etc, and with the present state of DNA research, any attempt to be secure in your life is a myth. You now have a situation where in the court of public opinion as administered by the media and the government, your insistence on preserving those rights is seen as a confession of guilt as you must have something to hide or you would allow us to do as we wish. In addition the rapid growth of technology has destroyed almost all the defenses based on darkness or remote location or memory etc.

13. ochit

ochit Monkey+

bronze screen wire make a pouch with a flap closure stick your phone in it and sleep tight only problem is you can't get calls or messages until you remove your phone.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  14. duane

duane Monkey+++

achit, yes and as soon as you turn it on it pings the network and the whole world knows where you are within in most cases wit GPS type phones within a few feet. I found out that while I am roaming and can not call out without paying a surcharge, cheap monthly phone plan, the ping was still recorded and others could contact me. Don't know how the system works, but the system knows where I am no matter where I am in the US.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  15. ochit

ochit Monkey+

As long as it can transmit a signal you can be found through triangulation between cell towers

Mountainman and Gator 45/70 like this.
  16. Mountainman

I only turn my phone's GPS on when driving long distances and using it for mapping, one or two times a year. All other times it is off, but your still screwed with triangulation.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  17. ochit

ochit Monkey+

Every time your cell updates email messages or you make a call and every dang app updates or gets an update notice your pinged I am just as sure your clock checks time set. even an old phone that is not tied to a service pings out, I have an old phone for a media player.

18. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Which only gets them within a square mile, in Cities, and More than that at in the country...

Mountainman likes this.
  19. Big Ron

Big Ron Monkey+++

How about that Lexa device? Put A microphone in your house on purpose? Privacy is about dead.

Cruisin Sloth likes this.
  20. Asia-Off-Grid

Heck, here in SEA, they can't even keep the electricity stable or reliable. The last thing you have to concern yourself with, is being tracked by the local government. I imagine the US knows more about where I am at any time, than does the Cambodian government.

Cruisin Sloth and Gator 45/70 like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7