Surveillance without your knowledge - the "black box" in your car

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by CATO, Apr 19, 2015.

1. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

That is precisely my point! The rf reader would get your chip and every chip around it, as a collection and correlation device (and NOT in connection to a violation) it would work in concert with plate scanners as just another tool of info gathering, and the dash cam could be used to correlate with the correct rf chip registered to that set of plates.
    It is, and would be, an invasion of privacy, and not for the reasons publicly stated.

2. NotSoSneaky

NotSoSneaky former supporter

Any vehicle with "OnStar" (or similar) which is supposed to be a subscription service, can/is being tracked even if it not active. The vehicle can even be shut down remotely by the police or your finance co if you miss a payment.

No OnStar but have a built in GPS ? Every time its updated every place you've been is logged in "for marketing research".

Cutting the antenna is fine until you go to the dealer for service and they plug into your OBD system. There are numerous vehicle specific forums detailing exactly how to remove components and / or disable all factory installed items.

Do a search ! [tongue]

kellory likes this.
  3. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

Bar codes are now on many license plates, at a stop the code is read and all your history pops up. Wants, warrants, insurance, safety inspection etc.

4. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Yep, and I expect to be examined more every day.:(

HK_User likes this.
  5. Byte

Byte Monkey+++

Oh I agree with your assessment completely. Bet you can name plenty of instances where state/fed governments made/enforced dumb laws though... I am looking more at the future rather than today or even tomorrow. Why is the fed gov pushing so hard for more complete broadband coverage out in the boonies? Is it really because they want the hillbillies (no offense to the rest you you hillbillies out there!) to be able to get their internet pr0n quicker? Or their e-mails? No...it's about building the control grid. One step at a time. When will it be complete? That's anybody's guess. But it will happen.

6. NotSoSneaky

Which is exactly why I would not want a vehicle equipped with "OnStar" or anything similar.
    YMMV.[tongue]

7. -06

-06 Monkey+++

Figure now "they" can listen/monitor anything/everything they want to. Figure they can ID your location(and yours).

8. NotSoSneaky

You know most of this "data collection / display" used to be done via the 2-way radio in the police car. LEO doing the stop radioed it in to dispatch, dispatch hands it off to an officer in station who would make a phone call or flip through a binder of known warrants and relay the information back to the guy in the squad car.

Nowadays it just happens faster.[tongue]

9. -06

-06 Monkey+++

My trucker buds tell of intricate details of their driving. From not just location but rpm, shifting gears, turns, time down, time driving, plus details on the operation of everything--including the radios.

1. oil pan 4
    It seems that I'm at a loss.
    Thread by: oil pan 4, Aug 1, 2022, 63 replies, in forum: Politics
  2. TI.Proof
  3. TI.Proof
  4. azrancher
  5. Motomom34
  6. melbo
  7. Yard Dart
  8. Yard Dart
  9. Gopherman
  10. Yard Dart