Second Amendment Survey of Marines

Discussion in 'Bill of Rights' started by Dont, Feb 21, 2014.

1. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

Ran across this from 1994 and thought some would find it interesting and others a reminder....

Attached Files:

2. tulianr

tulianr Don Quixote de la Monkey

This survey has been modified a few times as it has circulated about the internet; but, shockingly, it did actually exist, and was administered to several hundred Marines. But it wasn't administered by the Pentagon, and didn't travel through official channels. It was a project of a Monterey Post Graduate School student, LCDR Ernest Cunningham; and piss poor judgement. Cunningham himself was actually a constitutional rights supporter, and claimed that he was attempting to demonstrate to the chain of command that troops were not being educated on their duties under the constitution. Sadly, all his academic project did was to convince the American public that the military truly had designs on their guns, and were being conditioned to attack the American public.

I agree with LCDR Cunningham that American troops are not being properly educated about our constitution and the rights of American citizens, but I think he was a first class putz for attempting to prove it in this manner.

chelloveck and Yard Dart like this.
  3. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

Would be interesting to see the results of such a survey today... Just for comparison sake...

tulianr likes this.
  4. DarkLight

DarkLight Live Long and Prosper - On Hiatus

As much as I want to know...I don't want to know.

tulianr likes this.
  5. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

That was hard to read in txt format, so I've copied it into Word and attached it. Not everything lined up perfectly, but should be a lot easier to read.

Note particularly the End Note. Also note that it is NOT current, and may not reflect things as they are now (but betcha it does.)

Attached Files:

Yard Dart likes this.
  6. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

It makes me angry reading that questionaire..... there are not any good words to express my opinion, as a former Army soldier or as a concerned citizen. :censored:

tulianr likes this.
  7. smithcp2002

smithcp2002 Monkey+++

Platoon leaders questioned us verbally with these.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7