Survival Fishing Set Thought?

Discussion in 'Bushcraft' started by stroop, Nov 24, 2012.

1. CATO

CATO Monkey+++

A very common sight in the south on rivers is to see sections of pool noodles or gallon jugs bobbing up and down some portion of the river. Generally, if they're moving, they have a catfish on the other end....maybe a small alligator if you're fishing with chicken livers or hot dogs. Set 'em out one day, go back the next to see what you've caught. Other than dropping them off, you've freed your time up to do something else.

See more here (as a sporting fisherman, I find these unsavory, but, during SHTF . . . rock on brother):

Catfish Jugs - Mississippi Fishing FRESHWATER Forum - Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums

2. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

315tTDetWOL._SL500_AA300_.

beer-can-tab-hook-500x281.

fish+lure+1. 315tTDetWOL._SL500_AA300_. beer-can-tab-hook-500x281. fish+lure+1.

3. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Should catch drunken boaters.....;)

chelloveck likes this.
  4. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

I am going to purchase a couple dozen yo yo fishing reels to put aside. Will keep out 4 for use off a friends dock on the Suwannee River, and one for saltwater bait supply. I am going to obtain 3 or more of the speed hooks for use in obtaining small bait fish while saltwater fishing. Actually I am pretty good at this, but with a speed hook and a yo yo right over the side I can obtain my first bait fish, rig it for the big pole, and deploy same. Mean while I will keep the yo yo and speed hook in use until I have 8 to 12 baitfish in the live well. Instead of just catching the biggest and the most as usual, I might now be able to catch the first keeper eating fish as well.

5. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Sounds smart to me as long as they are legal. When I can free up a few dollars, I think I will do the same.

6. KAS

KAS Monkey+++

speed hook what is it ??? were is it ????

7. tacmotusn

tacmotusn RIP 1/13/21

Quite often, and in this case the answer is in the begining of this thread. Try starting at the begining and you will see that both Yo Yo fishing reels and speed hooks are linked to sites that will explain all and provide demonstration videos and sources of purchase. jus sayin'

8. KAS

KAS Monkey+++

ok sorry i forgot .... not bitchy just crankyyyy its ok im used to it

tacmotusn likes this.
  9. chelloveck

chelloveck Diabolus Causidicus

Well ....where do you think beer battered frish come from!!! ;)

oldawg likes this.
  10. Gopherman

Gopherman Sometimes I Wish I Could Go Back to Sleep

I keep a gill net in my backpack, as well as a trotline, 200' of 50lb. test and fishhooks. as far as what's legal in a survival situation," SEND ME A BILL!!!"

11. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

A trot line is your best friend....

oldawg likes this.
  12. Gopherman

I prefer to catch the old fashioned way DYNAMITE!!! lol but that attracts too much attention.

13. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

And REQUIRES a Federal Users Permit, which REQUIRES an ATF INSPECTED, Certified Orange Book Magazine, before the Permit is issued.....

14. Gopherman

That's Funny

15. Gopherman

Caught 7 of these of a pier in about 5 hours.
    IMG_0380.JPG

16. BTPost

Not so funny when those ATF Thugs show up with their SWAT Team, driving their Wheeled Tanks, and a Federal Search Warrant for your House and properties, looking for your stash.....

17. Gopherman

yeah you know that's right! It was just a joke. You know that right?
    the world is getting so spooky now-a-days, you can't take a dump without a permit.

Brokor likes this.
  18. BTPost

Just stating the FACTs, for those who don't know it was a Joke....:cool:

19. Gopherman

Crazy it gotten to that point!
    Your a wild an!!!!!lol
    y

Brokor likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7