survival tv

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tango3, Jul 13, 2010.

1. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

Hey "The colony" is back for another season starting july 27 @10 discovery channel. biowar is the scenario...(y)

2. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

hmm, interesting, guess I'll have to set the DVR so I can fast forward through the drama

3. Tracy

Tracy Insatiably Curious Moderator Founding Member

I didn't ever catch an entire episode of it last time (though I wanted to). I'll have to try again.

4. kckndrgn

hmm, just watched the first episode. Interesting. The colonists got their backsides handed to them!!

This season it appears to be more aggressive than the last.

The guy that was "tired" and went to take the nap, I woulda given him to the raiders. unless he steps up, he aint much use. IMHO

5. Byte

Byte Monkey+++

The 'violence' is even more hokey than last season's. Passing on season 2 also. The show is only better marginally better than Survivor in that the cast doesn't seem to be picked for how they look in a bikini or the drama they will surely bring. Some seem to have some skill. That's at least something I suppose...

Byte

6. kckndrgn

I will disagree with you there. You've got the "industrial artist" guy from San Fran that decides "oh, I'm tired, I'm going to take a nap, wake me when dinner is ready".
    Glad no one made the effort to go wake him up.

Some seem to have a skill set yet. A carpenter, an auto mechanic, I think one was a general contractor as well. Even the "model" grew up on a farm, so there is a skill set that can be used.

7. SeptemberMage

SeptemberMage LaMOE Monkey

Colony

I enjoyed the first season, though the interaction with raiders and the like was hokey. I really enjoyed season one, and learned a few things (e.g. the wood-gas engine.)

I hope season two is as good. (I missed the first episode)

8. KHAN

KHAN Monkey+++

Hokey yes, but definitely thought provoking. Leave it to VOPA (their version of FEMA) to leave them defenseless. Do none of these individuals think ahead? Stashing the meds would have been a good idea, but nooooo let's put everything together and let on where it's at.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7