Survivalmonkey.com Server Move

Discussion in 'Technical' started by melbo, Dec 16, 2011.

1. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Not me. That's Clyde

2. Clyde

Clyde Jet Set Tourer Administrator Founding Member

I tried to post something and got a forbidden page. Thought you put me in limbo hell or something, but now notice that my picture is being used as your avatar.

3. melbo

RWH warned me about a few areas that we may see 403 Forbidden errors but I haven't seen one yet. If you do, try to screenshot it or at least note the time and date so the tech monkeys can find the error in the logs.

4. Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog survival of the breed

For the past two days it's been taking a little to load and I've got the error page last night and several times today. When I copy and try to paste it on the monkey, Its says the server wont let it view.

5. melbo

Interesting. I'll send a report to our server folks in a couple days with all of these items.

6. melbo

Alpha Dog, How do i recreate this copy and paste condition?

Here is a paste from above: For the past two days it's been taking a little to load and I've got the error page last night and several times today. When I copy and try to paste it on the monkey, Its says the server wont let it view.

7. Alpha Dog

Go to another sight like fox news or yahoo news or just something you search. I would copy and paste it and everythin was fine when I went to submit I would get the error and it would say found site the server would not allow to be viewed. Then a few hours later I would try it again and it would do the same and a couple of times it went through like normal.

8. melbo

FOX Business: The Power to Prosper
    Encouraging economic data from both sides of the Atlantic and a stronger euro ignited a broad rally on Tuesday, a stark contrast from the selling seen late in the prior session.
    Today's Markets
    As of 9:50 a.m. ET, the Dow Jones Industrial Average jumped 232 points, or 2%, to 11,998, the S&P 500 climbed 24.7 points, or 2.1%, to 1,230 and the Nasdaq Composite gained 54 points, or 2.1%, to 2,577.
    Financial, energy, basic material and industrial companies led the charge higher on Tuesday. Caterpillar (CAT: 90.30, +3.05, +3.50%), JPMorgan Chase (JPM: 31.85, +1.15, +3.75%), Alcoa (AA: 8.73, +0.20, +2.34%) and Chevron (CVX: 102.77, +3.05, +3.06%) were among the best-performing blue chips in early trade. Volume in advancing shares outnumbered declining issues on the New York Stock Exchange by close to fifty-to-one, while volatility dropped 6.7% as measured by the CBOE's VIX.
    Oil prices rallied more than 3%, while the yield on U.S. government debt climbed as traders shed the safe-haven asset.

Read more: Stocks Zoom Higher Amid Economic Optimism | Fox Business

9. melbo

I still can't replicate but will keep trying.

10. GrandpaDave

GrandpaDave Monkey++

I know I paid more than that too... I was just using that as a starting fig for those not in the biz... Bandwidth... is the biggie... back in the day I was building sites for Auto dealers... lots and lots of pictures... slide shows... very graphic heavy and of course quick to burn up my bandwidth...

I really do need to make me another fully functional web site... Lately I started to do a Lynda.com class on the Drupal Commerce mod... I'm thinking I want a full CMS... give me the ability to make a few extra bucks by hosting a local gun and sporting goods trade site...

11. melbo

We currently have 3.5 TB of bandwidth a month.
    I don't track it and they've never warned us about nearing the ceiling.

12. Alpha Dog

Hey Melbo it's doing it to me now 1013am Im trying to paste an article on Yahoo news about the new virus that the US has made about not telling the process. Im getting the error

13. Redneck Rebel

Redneck Rebel Monkey++

Ran into a 403 Forbidden error when I clicked the edit post button.

14. melbo

Keep 'em coming. I'm passing all of this along to our host. Every time we move, we have to slowly un-secure things to get vBulletin to play nice.

15. weegrannymush

weegrannymush Monkey+

Yeah, we all grab our BOB's and start heading for the door, lol! I mean, if SURVIVALmonkey isn't working, obviously we would all be in real trouble, (EMP anyone?)

16. Redneck Rebel

Redneck Rebel Monkey++

403 Forbidden when attempting to create thread in Freedom & Liberty. Click Create New Thread, type everything up, but clicking Post results in the error message.

Edit: Not 403. This is the message I get:
    [​IMG]
    Added the link for ya.
    http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/...cas-heartland/
    Basically, this discussed audio triangulation on shots fired in a city, and mentioned one city that has it deployed and posted so the perps know to beat feet after taking the shot.

17. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

Can't copy and paste into a thread.

18. Seacowboys

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /forum/newreply.php on this server.

19. Seacowboys

It let me cut and paste this here but will not let me paste into my own threads

20. melbo

Still hunting problem settings. Please keep posting them with as much detail as you can. Dates/times help so we can find errors in the logs.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7