Survivor McGyver- Airborne

Discussion in 'Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions' started by Motomom34, Apr 8, 2015.

1. Tully Mars

Tully Mars Metal weldin' monkey

Sam's club has Arm&Hammer 14.5 lb resealable bags for about 6 bux. At least here they do. I mix it in their litter when I clean the boxes-makes a HUGE difference.;)

Ganado likes this.
  2. Airtime

Airtime Monkey+++

I'm with BT, get out. If it kills that quickly and easily why take any chances? Seems silly to hunker down without having a specifically constructed and tested location one not just hopes, but knows with certainty would be safe.

We would first head to the shop, bring the truck inside and close the doors. Don chemical hazmat suits and full face 3m masks. Then quickly load the truck and tape the cabin air in vent. Pile in the truck, open the overhead door and bug out using state and county roads, no interstates. Once well away, find a car wash, decon truck and suits, then doff the suits. Find a motel, friends, national forest or even Walmart parking lot to shelter. It's likely a localized problem and widespread SHTF is highly unlikely, so get to safe place and monitor/wait.

Hmm... Just thought, should keep a roll of quarters in truck.

AT

Motomom34 likes this.
  3. vonslob

vonslob Monkey++

If you are going to use duct tape use metal duct tape. It is expensive but it is the real thing. I do not know if regular duct type tape would work, I am thinking it would not stick to the walls. I do know that metal duct tape will.

Motomom34 likes this.
  4. KAS

KAS Monkey+++

i have breathed plenty of oxygen off of oxy accetylen bottles there is no problem at all..
    it just the way it is filtered but in my opion its just a way to charge more for it ...

y not just breath H/p air ....

Motomom34 likes this.
  5. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Medical oxy has a better filtering to remove the oils in the compressed gas. You can breath it, but the oils are not good for you, so it is not wise to do it if you don't have to.

Motomom34 likes this.
  6. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

Bug out for me... I have go bags and a "Trunk" set to go... wear Tyvek suits with duct tape (normal duct tape can seal the areas of your suit and will keep a seal better than metal duct tape ... it was what we used to back up our MOP suits in the AF) rubber booties depending on the type of toxin Vaseline on exposed parts of the skin can help for a short time... keep in mind that this will have to come off when you decontaminate your self at the other end... I have appropriate gas masks... I would throw extra water to use when decontaminating it would be bad to get clear and die because you brought some toxin with you... Three basic methods of decontamination are physical removal, chemical deactivation, and biological deactivation of the agent. Alcohol/ bleach/ pool shock will help with disinfection if it's bacterial contaminant... If allergies use hydrogen peroxide to help sterilize exposed areas... I haven't tried it but Silver dihydrogen citrate will kill microbes and is supposed to be shelf stable... If it is a chemical toxin...you need to neutralize the chemical if possible... keep a updated DOT emergency response guide to help determine what will help the best...

YMMV

Ganado and Tully Mars like this.
  7. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Metal duct tape? Is that the silver stuff? The silver stuff is stronger and cost more then all the new fancy stuff with flowers and whatnot on it.

Really? Interesting. It does make sense that Vaseline would protect the skin. Great suggestion.

8. KAS

KAS Monkey+++

the metal duct tape usually has a peep off back and is actually used for doing duct work....
    u get what u p[ay for with duct tape...
    i suggest using the black duct tape...

Motomom34 likes this.
  9. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

If you have any oils in your oxygen, you have a bomb, it's that simple. If the gas is still in the bottle, it means it hasn't any oil in it, so hasn't spontaneously combusted.

Medical oxygen is much higher purity than industrial, mostly due to filtration.

I would be very careful of bleeding oxygen into an enclosed space due to the potential for oxygen poisoning. Saying that, I admit to not knowing enough about it.

Cruisin Sloth and Ganado like this.
  10. Witch Doctor 01

Vaseline has draw backs some times it can bond with the chemical and do more damage i.e. pepper spray... use with extreme caution it can also trap contaminants on the skin... if you put it on post contamination... ... remember you will need to remove it later and Vaseline can be difficult to remove and everything you use to decontaminate be comes contaminated...

Last edited: Apr 9, 2015
    Motomom34, Ganado and Yard Dart like this.
  11. Witch Doctor 01

Motomom34 and Tully Mars like this.
  12. kellory

Well....since I don't burst into flames every time I do an oil change, obviously this requires the appropriate conditions to apply. I use both kinds of oxy, and I have asked this question from the guys that fill the bottles, and this is what I was told. That there are traces of oils in construction grade cutting oxy that will not effect the cutting process, (it comes from the pumps that compress the gas) but would not good to breath for long. Those traces of contaminants are what the final filters remove. I asked, because of the cost difference and storage requirements, as we have a couple here for my dad (%20 lung function) when they visit, and my wife may use oxy as needed, though she is on c-pap and an oxy accumulator/concentrator.
    As for raw oxy, I suggested that ONLY for when suited up, and not for long. I said to feed it to the wife, and she has the hardware for that.

Edit: folks trying to find the right conditions between a whoosh and a boom!
    Oil and oxygen... when does it go BOOM? - Lampwork Etc.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2015
  13. KAS

KAS Monkey+++

you should be using compressed air anyway!

14. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

Welding O2 can be filtered, by using a "Bubble Tank" filled with a mix of 95% H2O, and 5% Ethyl Alcohol, and bubbling the O2 thru that solution. The water/alcohol mix will leach out any Oils, trapped in the Gas from the CYL, while the O2 is bubbling thru it....

Witch Doctor 01, Ganado and kellory like this.
  15. kellory

I had thought of the water filter, but not the Alcohol. Thanks. I figured any oils would cling to the bubble walls.

16. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

The alcohol is missable in water, and most Oils are missable in the alcohol....

Ganado and kellory like this.
  17. KAS

KAS Monkey+++

or build u a pressure vessel and stay inside of it .
    just be very careful ...

1. Dunerunner
  2. Dunerunner
  3. Dunerunner
  4. Dunerunner
  5. DKR
  6. Dunerunner
  7. Dunerunner
  8. Dunerunner
  9. Dunerunner
  10. ED GEiN
  11. Motomom34