Survivor McGyver- Hotel Room

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Motomom34, Apr 6, 2015.

1. pearlselby

pearlselby Monkey++

I remember Rita and Ike. I immediate recognized this photo before reading your post....
    We had a lot of tree damage in both hurricanes. Everyone around us (Dayton, TX.)in Rita had generators. We had moved to Baytown residential area during Ike and 2 of us had generators. It was a whole different deal.

Tully Mars, Motomom34 and Yard Dart like this.
  2. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

My daughter was caught in some of that traffic moving North out of Houston....they weathered most of the storm on the highway with everyone else caught up in the backup. She never forgets about getting out of dodge at first sign of trouble now..... neither do I because of that ;)

Tully Mars, Motomom34 and pearlselby like this.
  3. pearlselby

pearlselby Monkey++

I tell you, Yard Dart, it was like something I have never seen before, or hope to again. We ended up going to a hotel across Hwy 90 in Dayton, TX. How do you ever describe the traffic....By the grace of God we did not have to live thru that, but, so many did.
    The hotel we were at was full of Katrina victims. All of the room entrances had dog houses to the side of the doors. The hotel manager was very understanding about the animals. Rita hit during the night. Transformers were blowing up and the electric went out. We went home as soon as we could as we were only a mile as the crow flies.
    The neighborhood a mile towards town from us had signs in their yards. LOOTERS WILL BE GUT SHOT. I tell you, there were no police reports about any trouble in Dayton, TX. People had shotguns guarding their properties. I was really proud of the way the town pulled together.

BTPost, Tully Mars, Yard Dart and 2 others like this.
  1. Dunerunner
  2. Dunerunner
  3. Dunerunner
  4. Dunerunner
  5. DKR
  6. Dunerunner
  7. Dunerunner
  8. Dunerunner
  9. Dunerunner
  10. ED GEiN
  11. Motomom34
  12. ED GEiN