survivorman goes off the grid

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tango3, Nov 11, 2008.

1. Tango3

Tango3 Aimless wanderer

Les Stroud ourfavorite canadian bug muncher has started winding down"survivorman"(starving a week at a time is getting tough on his mid40 year old body and he's taken on "getting off the grid" (family and all) video here1:07:
    Survivorman_-_Off_The_Grid.avi

2. sheen_estevez

sheen_estevez Monkey+++

Good show, have it on my Tivo they play it from time to time on TV

3. enough

enough Monkey++

Out of all the tv "survival experts", Les is the one that speaks to me the best. I have more respect for him than any of the others. I've never seen that show before.

I can't wait to get home from work and watch it! Thanks for the link.

4. kckndrgn

kckndrgn Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I didn't look at the one that Tango posted, but the one they generally play on the air is under 1 hr in length. I think the one Tango posted is OVER one hour, it has a bunch of scenes that were not in the "on air" version (like talking about a pond with a body sized bag in it after mentioning the last tennants on the land were pot growers, then going on to say there is no water available on the land so they need to make a well)

Good show, you can order the DVD of it from his website (I put it on my Christmas list)

5. sheen_estevez

sheen_estevez Monkey+++

The one online is longer, I like the bag in the pond, I think they did a few more interviews with the kids to get their take on it, and showing his band practicing stuff like that.

That is the way I'd like to live

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7