Swatting Open-Carry

Discussion in 'Freedom and Liberty' started by Yard Dart, Sep 1, 2015.

1. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Gun control groups accused of ‘swatting’ open-carry permit holders, putting lives at risk | Fox News

Not sure how many of us here really open carry much, other than maybe on your land or at the range. But it is important to know what the gun-grabber coalition is doing.... be careful out there!!!

Garand69, oldawg, Tully Mars and 4 others like this.
  2. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

So the Coalition to Stop Gun Violence is promoting clogging up 911 plus sending law officials on false calls? So instead of help those in need the officials will be running around check out lawful citizens. This is a waste of time and resources plus leaves the LEO's thin for responding to real emergencies

3. HK_User

HK_User A Productive Monkey is a Happy Monkey

A town in the area had a "swatting" call out the other day.
    Ours was a case of a 911 Domestic Violence in what we use to call a Windy, the fools thought they could block their number!

Last I knew was the DPS and Texas Rangers were on the case. No doubt someone will soon have some jail Time.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2015
  4. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Last edited: Sep 1, 2015
  5. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Prosecute. This crap must stop or people will die.:(

6. Georgia_Boy

Georgia_Boy Monkey+++

A "letter to the editor" identifying citizens who file these false reports thereby endangering citizens who really need emergency help would be a way to highlight this commie Alinsky effort. Fight fire with fire.....
    GB

7. Dont

Dont Just another old gray Jarhead Monkey

I open carry.. Rode my bike to Sturgis with a firearm on my hip and had only one comment on the ride about it. A group of Canadians admired that I could do this, Said I would be put in jail in Canada. My reply, welcome to the land of the mostly free! Many people do open carry around here..

8. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

A fellow around my neighborhood does open carry. Often see him in walking down the sidewalk or sometimes in the local supermarket. Been meaning to stop him and offer words of encouragement. It's up to the business as to whether or not they permit carry on their premises. This particular supermarket defers to state and federal law, permitting carry, open or concealed, in their stores. That's one reason I food shop there.

Also, concealed (constitutional) carry is legal here without a permit in most places (if it's otherwise legal for you to possess a firearm, not a prohibited person). You can still get a permit, and with it privileges of a few extra places where you can carry concealed. To me, it's just not worth becoming a registered owner. Forget the permit.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2015
    Gator 45/70 and Dont like this.
  9. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

I carry full time. Open in the summer, concealed when jackets or coats are needed or if I have to pull out my shirt tails for courtesy reasons. For concealed, a license is needed in these parts. YM will V.

10. chimo

chimo the few, the proud, the jarhead monkey crowd

I open carry...it's perfectly legal here, no permit required. Go ahead and swat me...I look at it as just another opportunity to enhance the education of a young cop, or just to have a nice chat with an older, more experienced cop.

Ganado likes this.
  11. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

While open carry is legal here, I do not like advertising that I am armed nor do I wish to intimidate the sheep. I might be wrong, but general opinion of open carry is that 90% that do it are the same folks that buy all the tactical couch-commando shit.

12. Dont

Around this area it is assumed that everyone is armed..

pearlselby and BlueDuck like this.
  13. BlueDuck

BlueDuck Monkey+++

Yep, I am in that area. And, I am armed.

14. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

It is a rare occasion when I feel the need to Open Carry, and even then, it is usually my Winchester 1300 Stainless Marine 12 Ga. Shotgun... I also carry "IT" One Handed, unless a Significant Target is within Range, and is presenting Imminent danger. There is No ONE, that can possible make the case, for Intimidation, when this firearm is in a One Handed Carry. I will have the Browning HiPower, in it's Shoulder Rig, under my coat, but we aren't talking Concealed Carry here....
    There is No one to Call, to SWAT, anyone out here as the nearest LawMan, even if he left his office right after then Call, is still 2-3 hours away.... All they do is "Collect the Bodies" after the fact, and write up a Report for the DAs.....

BlueDuck and Dont like this.
  15. Dont

The only thing they are trying to do is intimidate an honest human, exercising their constitution rights. They are the bullies! Yet, if we where to tell them to shut the h*** up at at one of their social events, we would be branded as a bully. JMHO..

HK_User likes this.
  16. chimo

chimo the few, the proud, the jarhead monkey crowd

Yes, you are wrong. Historically, men carried their arms openly, for all the honest world to see and carrying concealed was the mark of someone possibly up to no good. Of course historically free men were considered to be law-abiding, good citizens until their actions proved otherwise, while today we are all considered potential criminals and terrorists until certified otherwise by some government agency....as evidenced by the reaction of the "sheep" to the sight of an armed citizen.

Finally, it seems to be that all the new-fangled concealed carry holsters are more the "tactical couch commando shit" than a traditional belt/hip holster. ;-)

NotSoSneaky, HK_User and Dont like this.
  17. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

I am not armed, Never have been with the exception of running my hog traps, Hogs are bad azz animal's, I've been Charged, Dragged and had dog's killed.
    Don't worry about the lions, tigers,and bears.
    A pack of Hog's will get you down...and gut you!

Sapper John and Ganado like this.
  18. NotSoSneaky

NotSoSneaky former supporter

Plenty of two legged varmints hearabouts. maddd
    They ain't just in the big cities either. NO!!
    Never mind the lions, tigers and bears. [OO]
    Oh my. [tongue]

1. CraftyMofo
  2. Coyote Ridge
  3. oil pan 4
  4. Yard Dart
  5. tacmotusn
  6. Tully Mars
  7. Yard Dart
  8. Yard Dart
  9. GOG
  10. Yard Dart