swedish fire

Discussion in 'Bushcraft' started by Ganado, Nov 30, 2015.

Tags:
  1. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Google "camp tripod."

I like that water boiler.

Ganado likes this.
  2. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

3. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

4. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

@Ganado, no need to carry with you. Did a quick youtube search and here you go. You can make a Swedish fire log easily by just splitting the log all the way. A wrap or two of wire from your kit and it will be about as stable as the half cut log. Or pound the ground ends into the ground like a thick stake.

Or bundle gathered sticks.

And the tripod. Adjustable by the spread of its legs.

kellory likes this.
  5. Gopherman

Gopherman Sometimes I Wish I Could Go Back to Sleep

Rocket stove can be built in the dirt without the use of any steel components and is not visible for any great distance. We made a torch using this concept worked ok, but got way too hot quickly.
    Got the Rocket stove in the greenhouse yesterday, used the bricks I made with the CEB Machine as the chase and filled it with cob made in the mixer I bought. 5 Minutes a load for the cob. Lid temp 350*+, definitely hot enough to cook on.
    BTW Ganado I sent those out to you today!:)

Ganado likes this.
  6. Ganado

Ganado Monkey+++

@Hanzo thanks for the links, I'm just looking at how to cook over this type of fire. some places I camp you have to bring wood (long story about why I have to camp in these once in a while) ... and this method looks simple

Hanzo likes this.
  7. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

I also like the Emberlit stove. Light and easy. And it doesn't use much wood.

Emberlit

Think Mikhail has a holiday sale going on now. Not affiliated except as a customer. And Mikhail and I have become friends over the years. His wife is from Hawaii. So if you order, tell him I said hi. I get nothing out of it.

There are a whole slew of videos on it on youtube. One of the good things about it versus the Swedish fire log, besides using little fuel, is that it is a stove. So it should be able to be used in areas with a fire ban. Of course, use your same precautions.

But because there is a solid raised bottom, you could even use it on a picnic table.

8. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

1. Illini Warrior
  2. DKR
  3. Ura-Ki
  4. Ganado
  5. Merkun
  6. DuxDawg
  7. Yard Dart
  8. Asia-Off-Grid
  9. Asia-Off-Grid
  10. Jsharp865