Switzerland pulls the plug on broadcast TV

Discussion in 'Survival Communications' started by Tevin, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

@Thunder5Ranch That's a sweet deal, one I wish they would offer me! Well done, sir!

oldman11 likes this.
  2. Thunder5Ranch

Thunder5Ranch Monkey+++

I was lucky enough that this is my second tower lease. The first being up North of Springfield on 1/4 acre a defunct RR line Quit Deeded over to me. Not nearly as sweet of a deal but what I learned from that deal paid off in the negotiations for the second one. LOL that first lease is up in another 12 years and will be open to renegotiation :) Assuming I am still sucking air then ;)

oldman11 and Bandit99 like this.
  3. as1mov

as1mov Monkey

Here in the UK, we have to have a licence to view TV and it's not cheap! We have commercial channels satellite etc but they receive nothing from the licence fee, only the BBC. I found out a while ago, whilst doing some work in a BBC studio that ALL of its broadcasts had a delay so as to 'vet' the transmission for any 'irregularities' which meant that they were recorded. You don't have to pay a TV licence to watch recorded programming so I stopped paying the licence and quoted the above for my reasons. That was four years ago and it seems others have found out about the scam BBC were running, making people pay for recorded programming, and as a result it seems that the BBC are having financial problems. GREAT, what a bunch of left wing yes men they are, government lackies, all the fake news you can handle! long live the revolution hehe.

oldman11 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  4. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Singular noun. BBC was and is, never were and are.
    Anyhoo..... we still have digital OTA TV here, thoigh I haven't watched it in years. Netflix, Hulu and Dish work for me. The Dish Network is expensive though.

oldman11 likes this.
  5. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

DirecTv, AT&T Wireless, and AT&T Data, all rolled up in one account... IP-TV from DirecTv does NOT count against my UnLimited Data per month on my iPad Data Account... and I get a TON of Channels via SAT Direct Broadcast... My iPhone is on the Cannery Account, and gets UnLimited Voice, and Messages, but only 1Gb of Data a month... So when I need a lot of Data, I use my Portable 4G-LTE Hotspot connected via WiFi tothe iPhone... When we Road Trip the Hotspot goes with us in the 2006 White Toyota 4X4 Pickup Truck, and lives velcro’ed to the Dash Top... The Hotspor supports both our iPhones, her iWatch, and both our iPad Pros, all at the same time...

oldman11 likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7