Tactical 870

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by E.L., Feb 18, 2006.

1. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

:lol:

2. magnus392

magnus392 Field Marshall Mags Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I dont' have anything going, but I need to practice my sidearm skillz because shotguns are stupid! [boozingbuddies]

3. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Nice score EL...

I'm currently Shotgunless

4. E.L.

Come see me, I will let you borrow one.

5. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Couldnt be further off with that one bud. The shotgun is the single most versitile weapon there is and at close range the most devistating by far against animal targets (2 leged, 4 legged, winged or no legs). You can choose from smaller shot for food gathering with birds and small game, buck shot for defense at close range or slugs for large game and attackers out to 150+ yards.
    As far as being only for those inept with rifles or handguns, with my rifle I cloverleaf 5 shot groups out to 100 meters and today went and qualified for my CCW and scored perfet on my range test, and yeah when Im around the house and grab a gun its usualy the shotgun. Just out of curiosity what do your targets look like?

6. ghostrider

ghostrider Resident Poltergeist Founding Member

What makes you think he ever shot at a target.

7. magnus392

That is blasphemy! I command you to go buy a Benelli to make up for it:D [touchdown]

8. magnus392

I would guess his targets look like this: (thanks for the idea Galactus [boozingbuddies] )
    meyah_target_166.

9. E.L.

:lol: :lol: [LMAO] [LMAO]

10. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

As an expert shot and expert in most other things as well, he might as well post pix in the winter postem match. If his groups are smaller than his balls, we may have to upgrade our opinion. Somehow, I don't think that is a worry -- :)

11. E.L.

You contradicted yourself.

http://survivalmonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2508

"Each 00 buck pellet hits about like a rd of 380 ball ammo, and the buck pellet is smaller in diameter. So WHY can't 2 guys, each firing 5 shots per second into a man's chest with 380's, expect the same effect (after 1 second of shooting) that a blast of 00 buckshot has? Since shock doesn't exist, since the 380's are doing more damage to tissues, and causing more blood loss, why do lots more guys stand up to a burst of 380 ball ammo (say, from a Mac 11) than can do so to a 00 blast? Yes, a few have not been downed by the 00 blast, but they are 1 in 100 flukes. "

The scattergun sounds pretty effective to me. Maybe you forgot which side of the fence you were on.

12. Valkman

Valkman Knifemaker Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

EL, that's the impression I got - if you advocated a rifle he'd say a shotgun was better. If you said the .223 was the shiznit he'd of said the .308 was. Good thing Gunny Hathcock didn't know all the bad things about the .308!

13. sniper-66

sniper-66 Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

Yes, but what he doesn't take into account is that the shotgun delivers all it's energy simultaneously, not over a five second period. He was not a smart man.

14. E.L.

That was one part of his argument that he didn't get. It isn't comparable to five guys firing .380's, maybe more like 12-15 with all of the bullets hitting you at the same time in almost the exact same place. In other words....................he's an idiot. You notice he doesn't even bother to post links to all of this so called "information" (fertilizer) that he is spreading, nothing to back it up. He is a felonious, prevaricator, distorter, falsifier, equivocator, poser. Or in other words he is a _ Lügner, a
    _ Huhn Scheiße Schaf Bumser.

15. sniper-66

Bet he sold snake oil in the old days!

16. E.L.

I bet he was a bit less brazen in the big house. [sheep]

17. sniper-66

Probably why he is so voistrous here, had to keep his mouth shut for 13 months! :cry:

18. E.L.

I bet it wasn't shut all the way.............. ;) :eek: [no]

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7