Tactical Response's Contractor shooting package

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Nomad 2nd, Oct 29, 2007.

1. Nomad 2nd

Nomad 2nd Monkey+++

2. Nomad 2nd

Nomad 2nd Monkey+++

3. KHAN

KHAN Monkey+++

Dang Nomad, you always have all the fun. Great pics, thanks for posting 'em!
    Are the AK's turning out to be the most reliable rifles again???

4. Nomad 2nd

Nomad 2nd Monkey+++

Well... Yea.

Although we have been impressed with these AR's. They have been MUCH more reliable than usual. I believe that reflects on the quality of the shooters.
    Naturally I'm not blabbing their busness, but sufice to say that they know what they are doing.

There have only been 3-4 jams with the Ar's that were not cleared through simple Tap, rack bang.

AND, and AK went down.
    Yep that's right.

It seems that not even an AK can work when someone takes apart the bolt and leaves the firing pin out of the weapon when they are cleaning the AK the night before!

5. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

That does look like fun. Like "Advanced Drive-By Shooting 305". Pre-requisite: "Basic Drive-By Shooting 101" "Tango Identification 201" and "General Drive-By Shooting 200."

Cool. Thanks for the video and the pics. For those that have not shot out of a moving vehicle before, it is tougher than it looks.

You should add a bunch of blackcats going off to add to the distraction :sneaky:...........in the vehicle.

6. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

I used to spend a lot of time in Camden, TN. I lived in a cabin at Harmon's Creek. I think I'll take that spring course there in Fighting rifle, just because I like the area.

7. phishi

phishi Psy-Ops Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

If I can swing it I might try and join you.....let me know when you are thinking about going.

phishi

8. Seacowboys

March 29-30 in Camden, Tennessee looks like a prime-time slot for me. How about it, Melbo? Sure looks like fun.

9. Nomad 2nd

Nomad 2nd Monkey+++

Last Contractor class that is EXACTLY how Jay started the final exercise.
    All I know is that tonight I'm getting the Flares, Roman candles, Powder, and Tannerite ready...;)

10. Nomad 2nd

Nomad 2nd Monkey+++

11. E.L.

E.L. Moderator of Lead Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

These guys look like pro's. I see lots of good equipment, sound tactics, and no beer belly's.

12. Nomad 2nd

Nomad 2nd Monkey+++

A Stevadoor (SP?)
    A Just retired Army Vet
    A Canadian Geologist assistant
    A Engineer
    A guy who works for Barrett
    A bunch of Paramedics...

And I forget the other guy, but it's not shooting.

Just some REAL shooters who do it cause they love it.

I'll get some stuff up about the final exercise soon. It was SWEET!

13. Nomad 2nd

Nomad 2nd Monkey+++

14. Seacowboys

I got a little time off coming up so I just signed up for the Fighting Rifle Course in Memphis in December. Looks like fun and that's as good an excuse as any to visit the family before Christmas.

15. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

Nomad,
    Can you set us up for a 10 man discount thats any better than the SWAT mag coupon? I can get the 10 together.

Thanks for the inspiration.

16. Nomad 2nd

Nomad 2nd Monkey+++

Do you have a range?

Where?

What class/Classes are ya'll interested in?

Tactical Response will come to you...

17. Nomad 2nd

Nomad 2nd Monkey+++

18. Nomad 2nd

Nomad 2nd Monkey+++

AAR

What can I say? I am still pretty psyched up about this course, so I think writing my thoughts and what I learned now would be the best idea.

The course started on Sunday night with Yeager picking 2 of us to be team leaders. I was not expecting to get picked, so when he called us aside I thought maybe there was a problem with my credit card or something. Big SURPRISE. I was actually thinking I would be blazing away ammo all week and doing other cool guy stuff. I did get to do that, but I got a HELL of a lot more out of this course than I expected. I have never been in combat before, never been in the army or marines, and never had to lead more than a couple of people at a time, I did not realize what was involved and it really opened my eyes to a new perspective. I am a slow, stubborn, and very opinionated learner, so figuring things out took some time.
    Since several day by day AARs will probably pop up in the next week or so I will just highlight some of the key points that I learned:

-Leadership, What is your role? Shooter? Medic? Assistant Team leader? Team Leader? The battlefield is anarchy, and you cannot be all the roles of a team at once, or nothing will get done. Once it was figured out that we as team leaders helped the team more by leading and directing the team it made us a more effective force by an order of magnitude. This was the hardest lesson I learned and if I could say there is one thing that got me my money’s worth (and it wasn’t the only thing) this was it.

-Warrior Mindset, for one lecture we watched a mindset video of a lecture by Dr. Paul Whitesell , It cannot be missed. The most comprehensive lecture on the subject that I have ever heard. He goes into depth about the reasons behind aggression, the 3 brains, personality, the 6 senses, and so much more I just could not take notes fast enough and ended up just listening to the second half.

- Delegate, It is in our nature to just say “**** that it I’ll do it myself!” You cannot do it all by yourself. There is no point in getting worn out doing a job that 9 people can easily do together.

-Communication, once again the battlefield being a dangerous and chaotic place you need to be able to effectively communicate with your team, whether it means using the radio, waving them down, or having to go up to each member to personally communicate what you want done it needs to happen quickly.

-Planning, we learned the difference between Principle and Tactical planning. Principle (or was it called Objective?) planning worked the best for us, having simple objectives and doing what we needed to get it done.

There is so much more to add, but I think it is all details compared to the five items listed above, everybody wants to here about gear so here it is: AK, Glock, quality chest rigs, bright lights, knee pads, water, VOK, and drum mags.

19. Seacowboys

"I have never been in combat before, never been in the army or marines, and never had to lead more than a couple of people at a time, I did not realize what was involved and it really opened my eyes to a new perspective."

Makes me curious that in another posting you said:
    "I'm a Marine, dude"
    and
    " -Due to my free time (In process of being medically retired from the Corps)"

20. Nomad 2nd

Nomad 2nd Monkey+++

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7