Taiji and qigong

Discussion in 'Survival of the Fittest' started by Hanzo, May 1, 2014.

1. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Monkey had fun with her home made bird climber. It's about five feet tall and when the birds climb to the top, she would flip it over and they go again.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404799639.932221.

Sea asparagus is good stuff. It even went with my spaghetti.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404799679.451626.

After dinner, we polished off the rest of the lychee and the pineapple from our yard.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404799721.622015.

It waited patiently to be beheaded, quarters and eaten. And even turned into a fleet of pineapple boats.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404799781.543669.

Motomom34 and Yard Dart like this.
  2. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

After lunch, I taught my longer (2 hour) class. It was another beautiful day in Hawaii nei. But the weather is changing. I feel it in my knees. :(

Once again we had good shade from monkeypod trees in our favorite spot. They were flowering a bit, but it's hard to see in the pictures.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404868422.260730.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404868527.469250.

And the class crowned around during our last water break.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404868566.405365.

Cute couple resting.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404868584.423221.

Yard Dart likes this.
  3. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

@Motomom34, on my botanical excursion today, I learned that is called the Rainbow Shower tree. It is also called the rubbish tree by locals.

4. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

My friend, Jordon, visited us to play.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407287888.718864.

When [HASHTAG]#taiji[/HASHTAG] sword students don't pay attention.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407287915.519816.

Zombie apocalypse.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407287951.505859.

kellory and Yard Dart like this.
  5. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

@Hanzo I have been following the weather. You may get back to back storms. Keep those precious little monkeys safe, you and your misses also.

News is saying:
    Here are some precautions that Smith recommends Hawaiians should take in preparation for Iselle and Julio:

1. Go to the bank or ATM and withdraw plenty of extra cash.
    2. Fill your car's fuel tank.

3. Keep cell phones and other electronics charged.
    4. If you have a generator, test it before it is needed.

5. Get prescription medications refilled and make provisions for any medicines that must be chilled or that require special handling. Power could be out for more than a week if Julio also strikes.
    Iselle to Impact Hawaii With Rain, Wind and Rough Seas

But then I don't need to post what to prep cause you are a Survival Monkey. I think @Bear is also in your area. Stay safe out there in the Pacific.

Bear, kellory and Hanzo like this.
  6. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Mahalo @Motomom34! We are pretty prepared. And I believe @Bear is even more so. If I can, I'll try and get some storm pictures.

kellory and Motomom34 like this.
  7. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Good. I was reading the comments on that article I linked and Hawaiians sound pretty hardy and not very worried, been there, done that. I just wanted to let you know you and yours are in my thoughts.

Bear and Hanzo like this.
  8. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Beautiful today. Even the nice breeze is making a hot day more bearable.

Morning

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407365194.421938.

Afternoon

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407365207.389648.

Nice cloud

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407365221.523827.

A feather I found this morning

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407365240.942352.

Thanks again for your concern and good thoughts.

9. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

One of my students gave me lilikoi, so I made lilikoi sparkling water. Monkey's little friend tried it for the first time and said, "It's awesome!!" So I gave her the rest of the lilikoi to take home.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407388990.727820.

10. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Monkeys playing outside before the storms arrive.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407389193.943624.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407389202.612903.

kellory, Motomom34 and Bear like this.
  11. Bear

Bear Monkey+++ Founding Member Iron Monkey

Thanks @Motomom34

Good stuff indeed... yeah been through a couple hurricanes and flew to Kauai when Hurricane Iniki, a Cat 5 that went directly over the island, demolished the place... to provide help and relief... learned great lessons ... Mother Nature is a pretty powerful woman... but then most women are ;)

Crazy lines for water, supplies and gas... stores and stations running out on my side of the island... and when a pallet gets rolled out, it's gone in minutes... nuts... my ex has been out there (yeah.. kind of last minute but at least she's doing it:) )

Been spending free time, clearing drains, cutting the trees, topping off tanks, and checking supplies ... prepositioning some items for quick retrieval and deployment... and making sure all the batteries and deep cycles are at full charge... and inverters ready to power up if need be...

Good practice if we are spared and just get some light drizzles and winds... but definitely some peace of mind till both these ladies move on their merry way....

@Hanzo is on the other side of the island and I never worry about that guy.... he and all his lovely ladies will probably make a party of it... and if the power doesn't go off... they'll shut it off just for fun ;) seriously... he's ready 24/7...

Thanks again all for the good thoughts,

Take Care and God Bless,

Bear

12. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

So cool, buddy. I flew over to Kauai to help after Hurricane Iwa. I only had carry on and remember having to mail my knife back home before they let me through. My place and my family's were unscathed for the most part, so flew over to help girlfriend's family.

Motomom34 likes this.
  13. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

All I know is I want to be like @Bear when I grow up. So forget about, "Be like Mike." How about, "Be rare, like Bear."?

14. Elessar

Elessar Monkey+++

Prayin' for y'all. Be safe...

Bear, Hanzo and Motomom34 like this.
  15. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

@Bear that is what I have been thinking about. You both are on an island that has to have supplies either flown in or shipped in. From what I have read mainland stores carry about 3 days of stock on the store shelves but Hawaii's supplies are not so readily available. I know from faithfully reading @Hanzo posts that he and his family eat locally grown food. If those crops are harmed and destroyed for a few years, what impact would it have on the locals? Maybe I am thinking too much but I just wonder if a large hole happens in HI food supply how much would it effect the island as a whole. HI seems to be more self sustaining then mainland US and because of this the impact could have more devastating effect. We certainly are all at the mercy of Mother Nature and we need to never forget that.

Good news is that Julio maybe heading North.

Bear and Hanzo like this.
  16. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Hunker down and stay safe, guys. We will be thinking about you.[gasmask]

Hanzo likes this.
  17. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Mahalo.

18. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Like many things in life, I guess we can never know the true impact until it happens, since many variables are involved.

But I also have faith that we will do what needs to be done to make things work out. I have had the philosophy for pretty much my adult life that if you do the right things, things will usually work themselves out in the end. My oldest daughter's name means to do the right thing for the right reason.

Only catch is, as we can see on the news and in the actions of people, many will not do the right things.

Motomom34 likes this.
  19. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Keep your heads, and keep 'em down. We know YOU will come thru OK, it's the predators that will follow that concern me for you guys.

Hanzo, oldawg and Motomom34 like this.
  20. Sapper John

Sapper John Analog Monkey in a Digital World

@Bear and @Hanzo , you and your families stay safe and take care!

Hanzo likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7