Taiji and qigong

Discussion in 'Survival of the Fittest' started by Hanzo, May 1, 2014.

1. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Mahalo.

2. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Mahalo.

3. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

Let us know as soon as it's over that you are all okay. :)

Bear, Hanzo and kellory like this.
  4. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Mahalo.

5. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Fueled up for a busy family day. Ribeye and eggs with bacon, potatoes and toast. And lots of coffee.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407462510.017666.

My Shiva's tears prayer bead bracelet, or as my little monkey calls it, my "bracelet of shriveled rat brains."

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407462607.571604.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2014
    Yard Dart likes this.
  6. Bear

Bear Monkey+++ Founding Member Iron Monkey

Aloha All,
    @Motomom34 , @Elessar , @kellory , @ghrit , @Sapper John , @Brokor and any others I may have missed... thanks for the concern, kind words and good wishes...

Quite a bit of folks buying up all the water, batteries, flashlights, food etc... nice to see folks taking things seriously... with everything going on in the world besides this... at least they will be prepared for a while...

I believe the last time I checked... Oahu has, in addition to what is on the shelves at any one time, about one month worth of inventory in the warehouses... (less now I suppose as batteries and water for sure has been depleted as stores have run out and as soon as the pallets arrive people are waiting... same with gas... lots of stations here with no gas signs on the regular pumps...)
    Yeah... the big container ships take @two weeks to get here... and that would depend on what kind shape the docks are in...

We are pretty fortunate as Oahu has quite a military presence ... so if a natural disaster or other hits... we have the military facilities to provide some support... when I flew to Kauai... it was the military that was the first in with the transport planes and manpower... they had to clear the Lihue Airport runway before planes to even land...

Looks like the Big Island is getting hit right now... tracks don't have it hitting us directly.... somewhat concerned about the second behind it... as it is a Cat 3 right now and projected to be in the Cat 1 when it passes south...

I don't trust these "Ladies" .... Iniki was really bad... and while Wikipedia has it as a Cat 4... it was a Cat 5... one of the wind speed monitors actually broke registering the wind speeds...
    Hurricane Iniki - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

More importantly was the path it took... "She" took a right angle turn right into us... talk about "Phew it's going to pass us way to the South"... then "Crud!... what the heck is "she" doing... then bam... right over Kauai... I have lots of family there... some very very scary stories of survival....

Thanks again for all the kind thoughts, prayers and comments... I sincerely appreciate it...

And @Hanzo , you're too kind... ;)

Take Care and God Bless All!

Bear

Attached Files:

7. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

I have a bunch of pics from our (army) relief efforts on Kauai after Iniki hit. I will have to scan them in and post at some point. I have a ton of pics from back then either in albums or boxes that I really need to scan and archive! As you said Bear, it was a mess @ a Cat5. I was on Oahu when it hit and it was amazing watching large old trees just have their large branches snap like little twigs. I was in the barracks at Schofield which were made of thick concrete, so we were safe, hanging out just watching the storm come through.... but mother nature puts on an amazing show when she gets wound up.
    Be Safe!!
    YD

Hanzo, Bear and kellory like this.
  8. kellory

kellory An unemployed Jester, is nobody's fool. Banned

Eastern U.S. shocked by massive damage, flooding …:

Yes, she can be a vindictive B1t€h some times.

Hanzo, Bear and Yard Dart like this.
  9. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Aloha and well wishes to our brothers and sisters everywhere, who are affected by hardships.

10. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

While doing [HASHTAG]#qigong[/HASHTAG], I enjoyed the shade, obviously. But I also really enjoyed looking at the branches.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408674620.197287.

The clouds were also beautiful today. They photobombed Big Al.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408674667.283303.

A couple of flights of fighter jets screamed overhead.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408674772.624984.

11. Hanzo

Hanzo Monkey+++

Got pictures from a couple months ago. A professional photographer was taking pictures near my class. So I let them use my sword as a prop. These are his pictures.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409371173.518624.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409371204.556182.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409371220.589555.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409371237.176068.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409371262.759571.

I was surprised to find myself in them.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7