Take away the guns? P*ss on that!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dr Charbonneau, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Right Turn Clyde

Drink annuddun and red dissun :D
    I'm simply offering a simple solution. I didn't ask a dime. You'd think it's bad to tell people what the chemicals under their kitchen sink can do.​

2. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

If I worried about each and every possible scenario or disaster, I would go friggin' nuts. The possibilities are endless that a person could worry themselves about if they chose to.

I live in the shadow of the very mts. you spoke of in your other thread and watched Mt. St. Helens blow her top from my back yard. I have climbed a few of the peaks of the Cascades which are volcanoes, what's the big deal we all have to meet the maker at some point in our lives.

For all I know the Cascadia Subduction Zone could produce another mega thrust earthquake, there is absolutely nothing I can do prevent it. So why worry about it.

Heck, I could get into a fatal car accident today.

There is so much going on in the world, maybe I should just go postal and be done with it. (sarcasm intended)

Back to our regularly scheduled program.

3. Yes, but if you survive somehow, it might be a handy thing to know some simple survival techniques in a world gone mad.

4. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

I hate to break the NEWS, to the Good Dr. but you can NOT have Gasious Hydrogen, and Oxygen, produced, together, in the same chemical reaction... If there is free Hydrogen, AND Oxygen, produced in a chemical Reaction, it will ALWAYS BE RELEASED AS H2O (WATER), NOT H2 AND O2... even a High School Chemistry Student should know this FACT...

5. ColtCarbine

ColtCarbine Monkey+++ Founding Member

I have been with the same gal for almost 20 yrs. and have survived thus far.

That should be enough survival skills to get me through anything.

Mountainman, Tracy, BTPost and 5 others like this.
  6. And where did I say much of any particular reaction

7. BTPost

Apparently the Good Dr. can't remember his own Posts....

8. You are aware of step reactions? How many mixtures of different compounds are produced during the bleach and urine being combined? And where are thoe gases when they break down? What supplies the energy?

9. BTPost

and just "which" of these reactions are you expounding on in this thread? Please show them, in proper Reaction Notation, so that our Monkey Friends can follow along, and understand EXACTLY what your talking about. [worthless] Replace Pictures with Reaction Notation..... .....

10. Yeah, my old lady's been with me for 21 years now....

I'd be more concerned about what it will be like surviving it all. I can't see myself just laying my life down. We can't trut the government to take care of us, so we have to be prepared to take care of ourselves.

As for BT's questions, they can be answered by him answering how many compounds are formed in the lungs when someone sucks on a cigarette. BT's not here, though, to contribute anything positive to a discussion on taking care of ourselves after they take the guns, but to task his agenda to disparage me. Let's see if he can tell us us about the product of cigarette sucking.

11. BTPost

Not my Field of Expertise..... No comment.....

12. You come in to the thread boasting of all these years in chemistry, but the areas of distructive distillation are not your field of expertise? I tell people to reinvent the wheel of the discovery of phosphorus by letting urine evaporate to collect the phosphates, for survival, yet you disparage my knowledge when you can't tell us what happens when someone burns (sucks) a cigarette?

A urinary recycler and a box of bleaching powder for the BOB. Don't leave home without 'em.

BTPost likes this.
  13. VisuTrac

VisuTrac Ваша мать носит военные ботинки Site Supporter+++

evolution_of_the_troll_card-p137270668329597894envwi_400.
    evolution_of_the_troll_card-p137270668329597894envwi_400.

Gator 45/70 and BTPost like this.
  14. VisuTrac

[​IMG]

BTPost likes this.
  15. VisuTrac

troll-physics-magnet-car.
    troll-physics-magnet-car.

ghrit and BTPost like this.
  16. BTPost

No, My Field WAS NitroOrganic Chemistry, specifically Energetic Materials Science, with a Primary Interest in Initiator Synthesis, and Production. I spent a previous Lifetime in that field, and was published. Up until a decade ago, I held Professional Blasters Licenses, in Multiple States. Now, I am to old, and TIRED, to be in that business, and leave it to the Young Guys. However, I still do consulting, for former Clients, if the specific JOB, holds something of Interest, for ME. My Magazine is still stocked, and on occasion I still dabble in the Publications in the Field.

17. scrapman21009

scrapman21009 Chupacabra Hunter

[ROFL] @VisuTrac , not sure what your trying to say, but I am keeping my billy goat's inside for fear they may be eaten.

18. Clyde

Clyde Jet Set Tourer Administrator Founding Member

I had a step reaction the other day. I passed wind in an elevator and then someone entered the elevator. They could not step off at the next floor fast enough. The gasses did not breakdown until I reached the 39th floor.

Apparently, my bum provided the energy through a chain of involuntary muscle contractions and the decomposition of former food processed into a methaney smelly kind of thingy that needs no further explanation.

The last time I mixed bleach and urine I accidentally ended up a "true blond", but my hair in my head stayed brown.

19. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

That was a combination of skatoles and a few other products of degeneration of carbonaceous materials under anoxic conditions. Lovely chemistry. The methane itself is odorless, tho' is a major constituent of your jets.

20. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Why is it that when you fart in the shower it's...

Like having your own private little gas chamber ?

kellory and oldawg like this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7