Taking a leap, Moving to Florida on my own

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BailyTheFox, Jul 2, 2017.

1. BailyTheFox

BailyTheFox Monkey+

I'm trying to avoid that kind of heat and pressure, no thanks. i'm no fighter.
    Don't misunderstand, It's not something I'm taking lightly, at the moment he just seems like a mostly harmless moron who means no harm. Unless he does anything else I'm not going to destroy his life and cost him his job over this one instance. I may be naive but I am almost always a cautious person who is aware of her surroundings. I've always been excessively paranoid actually and it used to be a serious problem, something I should have gotten help for.

But anyway I'm the one with the power here and I hopefully made that clear, he didn't even say hello today like he has every other day since I started which is progress imo. I'll never open the door for him again and I'll call the cops if he shows up.

2. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

You are growing into a strong smart woman @BailyTheFox. Every lesson learned makes you stronger and you will be quite the force in the future.
    [grouphug]

3M-TA3, chelloveck and Dunerunner like this.
  3. M118LR

M118LR Caution: Does not play well with others.

Beware radical changes, they usually signal radical responses. If he'd of flipped you the bird, I'd of considered that a we are finished message received response. Silence is indicative of brooding. Don't let your guard down just yet. JMHO as a Father of 3 Daughters & a Grandfather of Thing 2's thing 1.

4. Dunerunner

Dunerunner Brewery Monkey Moderator

Go find a former Marine or Army Ranger to be your New boyfriend and make sure to introduce them....

Make sure he, the new boyfriend, has a younger sister.

Or get yourself a nice Doberman, Pit bull, or German Shepherd and introduce them to Mr. "I follow you to your house". :D

Outside of that, it is odd to me that he didn't even make an attempt to at least apologize and admit that he was stupid. Ignoring you completely, given past behavior, is suspect.

5. M118LR

M118LR Caution: Does not play well with others.

No need to impress some one that won't take no for an answer. Just realize that not taking no for an answer instantly makes him more than a harmless moron. To simply expect him to go away once you have put the screws of society upon him, has lead to many a pratfall in the past. This has escalated to the point that I've armed my Daughters in the past. Granted, they could call Dad in case there was any "Dirty Deeds" to be done dirt cheap. ( ) Just be careful ! JMHO.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2017
    oldawg and Tully Mars like this.
  6. oldawg

oldawg Monkey+++

Nothing at all wrong with having a friend with a backhoe. One daughter,three daughter in laws, four grand daughters, and three great grand daughters soon to be five. Putting up with assholes is not necessary. Great grand daughters don't shoot.............yet.

Yard Dart, Dunerunner, M118LR and 3 others like this.
  7. BailyTheFox

BailyTheFox Monkey+

Preparing for my first Hurricane got a case of water and my bug-out bag packed earlier this week and car is almost full of gas. got my valuables packed for the most part. I'm going to hold off on taking my computer down and packing that and my other expensive shit until I leave my house so no one tries to break into my car and steal them. Tv has been put in the closet so it hopefully doesn't get damaged if/when windows break.

I made a grid of duct-tape over all my windows so if/when they shatter the tape hopefully holds on to the larger pieces of glass and they don't make as much of a huge dangerous mess. My Co-worker said she'd be willing to take me and my snakes and rat in (bless her!) because her house is made of stone and should fair much better than my trailer. My main concern is everyones garbage turning into flying projectiles when the wind hits and the super tall pine trees ratteling apart above my trailer, i'm not gonna stick around when the wind picks up.

This'll be fricken fun.

Motomom34, Gator 45/70 and 3M-TA3 like this.
  8. Dunerunner

Be fricken smart and careful. Most areas along the evacuation routes are out of fuel. Watch the news and get out before you think you have to in order to avoid the traffic of last minute evacuees, flooding and road debris. I've been through a storm with over 100 MPH wind gusts and sustained winds over 80 MPH. I would not categorize the experience as fun, though. That storm drove 15 foot long 2X6's through houses, tore roofs off and sent them sailing blocks until they lost lift and crashed into other homes in the development sending wind driven debris into the air like a flight of giant arrows.

9. BailyTheFox

BailyTheFox Monkey+

Motomom34 likes this.
  10. Dunerunner

By all means....stay calm and rational. If you can get out of the trailer to your friends now, I'd go.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  11. BailyTheFox

BailyTheFox Monkey+

I was being highly sarcastic with that last remark, my dad called me in the middle of typing, i'm most likely going a little further north into georgia to his coworkers house. they'll still be hit but its better than here. Believe me, i haven't been taking this lightly by any means.

12. Dunerunner

Don't forget to take a a cell phone, tell your friend your route, and go directly there.

Gator 45/70 and Witch Doctor 01 like this.
  13. Dunerunner

I have a friend sitting it out on the gulf coast and another friends relatives in Jacksonville. Both are sitting it out. Looks to be CAT 3 all the way up through Georgia, but I hope it loses strength before getting that far.

Gator 45/70 likes this.
  14. BailyTheFox

BailyTheFox Monkey+

I hope so but I'm not counting on it, and almost I always have my cell on me because thats where my music is. Just called my friend and told her my change in plans, waiting on a call from my dads coworker for the directions. I'm leaving tommorrow morning.

Gator 45/70, Dunerunner and oldawg like this.
  15. Dunerunner

Be careful, my thoughts are with you. Report when you can.

16. BailyTheFox

BailyTheFox Monkey+

I cant get a handle on my anxiety or anger at all today, my meds dont work. I almost put my head through my closet door because it came off the track and i got so mad i just smashed my head against it a few times

17. Dunerunner

Remember to breath... That focus is relaxing...

18. Motomom34

Motomom34 Monkey+++

Evening Bailey. You first hurricane, yikes. I am happy that you have decided to go through this with others. I think stay alone would be too much. Nice job taping your windows. Have you checked on traffic? Can you get to Georgia?

BailyTheFox likes this.
  19. BailyTheFox

BailyTheFox Monkey+

I should be able to get there with little issue. There arent many turns and the guy is giving me directions. Staying alone would definitley be too much.

Motomom34 likes this.
  20. Gator 45/70

Gator 45/70 Monkey+++

Good luck , Glad your bugging out.
    Some places are not safe from Maw Hurricane

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7