Taking my Kalifornia retirement and moving to Southern Oregon coast. Thhhpt!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by sourdough145, Nov 8, 2016.

1. Pax Mentis

Pax Mentis Philosopher King |RIP 11-4-2017

Coos Bay is just a little too "city" for me...though I do get up to Bandon now and then. We retired to Grants Pass...over in the beautiful Rogue River Valley where one can get a nice salmon from my back yard should the urge strike.

2. sourdough145

sourdough145 Holder of the M1 thumb award...

Coos Bay is city enough for us.... No problem as it's 30 minutes away. Close enough to go to but far enough away to not cause any issues! Just right. Looking forward to catching some surf perch once I get settled. Will be looking for a small boat for other fishing and crabbing use.... Plan to enjoy my retirement! Oh posting again as our internet was just repaired, finally!

Yard Dart likes this.
  3. 3M-TA3

3M-TA3 Cold Wet Monkey

Always happy to see good folks such as yourself make it up here. It's a beautiful and diverse place like few others, and every day I missed it when I lived elsewhere. Welcome.

Now I'm going to have to be a bit of a wet blanket... the state you have just relocated to is on the verge of becoming the state you just escaped from. No kidding. We have become overrun by liberal progressives in our populated areas who have now taken FULL control of our legislature and governorship. They are hell bent on introducing as much California style legislation as soon as possible using "emergency" procedures to prevent the citizens from exercising referendums. Expect taxes to go up, guns to be banned, more crime, and more intrusion into your life. I'm not trying to scare you off, I just feel it's important that you know what's going on here.

4. sourdough145

I do realize that... People who want to be politicians should be banned from office and only people unwilling to be "political" should be in office. I believe that a random pick from the local phone book would, on average, be a better choice than many in office right now. There are exceptions as there are both elected officials that are truly for the people and people in the phone book that are idiots.... YMMV

Ummm what guns????? Mine fell off of the boat I plan to buy and reside in 300ft of seawater... :-0

Yard Dart and 3M-TA3 like this.
  5. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

and another Monkey has Vessel Navigation issues, while transporting FireArms.... Seems to be a epidemic.... Apparently Monkeys and Boats are a hazardous combination, but only when FireArms are aboard... Hmmmm,

Yard Dart and sourdough145 like this.
  6. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

I am not so sure that would be a bad idea. Just like picking (and feeding and housing) juries. Hm ----. Juries are picked from the tax rolls, no? I like it better and better. What would be an excuse that would get you out of serving? Around here, age is one, being an undertaker is another. Might be more excuses, dunno.

sourdough145 likes this.
  7. sourdough145

It's funny.... As often as I 've been called, never had to serve on jury duty.... Hmmmm wonder if it was something I said? ;-}

8. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

I was on Federal Jury Duty for 3 months, this last summer... Had to call in, every Friday, to find out if I needed to Report, the next Monday. The Jury Clerk said, if I was called in, they would pay the Bush Pilot, to come get me, and they provided a Hotelroom, at their expense, PLUS $88US per day, for meals and other expenses... I told the Judge, that I was a Hang'em High type jurer... Never had to Report in the Three Months... Oh well, maybe next time... I wanted to get on a Grand Jury, because there the Jury gets to ask Questions, and run the whole deal... In a trial, all you get to do is just listen, until you get to the Jury Room, and even then, you can only ask the Judge Questions...

9. Pax Mentis

Pax Mentis Philosopher King |RIP 11-4-2017

Being former law enforcement isn't an excuse to get out of it...but it does assure that you will never actually serve on a jury. Neither side wants you.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7