Tale of woe with the 2006 White Toyota Tacoma 4X4 Pickup...

Discussion in 'Functional Gear & Equipment' started by BTPost, Apr 7, 2018.

1. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

It was the original Factory Clutch, and we bought the Truck with 130,000 Miles on it.... It now has 160,000 Miles on it so, it was time,... Just finished up, the Test Drive after completing the ReInstalation of thenew stuff... We are ready to hit the road, first thing in the morning... and on to Texas....

Gator 45/70 and ghrit like this.
  2. BTPost

We are now closing in on Four Corners... Clutch is Super Tight, and we a “Styling”...

3. BTPost

We have been in Austin, Texas for a few days now, and I think I like Texas, as long as I can stay inside with the AC on... The 2006 White Toyota 4X4 Pickup Truck is running perfect, and we are averaging about 21 MPG for the Trip, so far... The Radios are playing nice except I lost the Tap Listings for the HF Antenna somewhere, so I can only listen, mostly on 20meters... The Super CB Antenna loads up just fine, and the Truckers say it sounds good, so I guess it is a Keeper... I will update this thread again when we start heading back North...

4. BTPost

Update Report.... I am back Home just a day over One week.... The Truck is running GREAT... We averaged 20.6 MPG for the whole Trip which was 5235 miles long.... No WheelBearing Issues AT ALL.... No Shimmy @ ANY Speed, Period... One thing i learned is that at Toyota of Seattle, when you take your vehicle in for service, they have these 4 Rubber Mat Things that they drive your vehicle over when entering the Service Area, and these are the sensors for a Computer Based Tire/Alignment System that measures the Tire Wear and Wear Pattern, on all four Wheels, and checks the Front End Alignment, on the vehicle, before the vehicle ever even gets to the Repair Bay... We got a Print Out, Before we left on the Trip, after they installed the After-Market U-Joints, and after the Road Trip, when we took the Truck in to replace the After-Market u-Joints with the REAL LIVE Toyota Factor U-Joints... So there is only about 1/8" of tread left on the Tires, but NO Anomalies, or funny Wear Patterns on ANY of the Tires, and the Alignment IS, and Always has Been, "Spot On"... So for the October 2018 Road Trip we are getting New Rubber, All the Way Around... before we leave...
    AlaskaChick flew to NYC this morning, for 6-8 weeks of Overseas Deployment Team Training for MDs w/o Boarders... She has two sessions to do, of three Teams per session, at the Training Facility in Rochester, NY... and also Meetings at HQ for the Policy, Procedures, & Protocol Committee, which she Chairs... So I hope to see her just before July 4th...

3M-TA3 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  5. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Hey, BT. If for some silly reason she's driving from NYC to Rochester, she almost has to go past my QTH. If she wants to take a break, I'd be delighted to find her a cuppa whatever. That would be a long day's drive, but ---

3M-TA3 and Gator 45/70 like this.
  6. BTPost

MDs w/o Boarders has a 9 Passenger Van with a Professional Driver that they use to transport folks to and from their facilities, and pick up, and deliver folks, to and from Airports around the area... You have seen these type Guys, standing at the Exit from Security, with a sign that has the Passengers Name on it...
    A couple of years ago she was in the Van going to LaGuardia from Rochester NY, and they were just 10 minutes from the Airport when the Van got crunched between two 18 Wheelers full loaded, and put the Driver in the Hospital for two months, Dang near Killed him, and She was in a day, for Observation/Concussion... They wouldn't let her Fly Home for 5 days because of the Air Pressure Issue if she had a concussion, or Brain Injury... They bought a NEW Van, cause the Old one, was TOTALED... I just got a Phonecall from the Hospital, cause she was Irrate that they were NOT letting her get on the plane... I had her call her Sponsoring MD (a Retired Park Avenue NeroSurgeon) who then called the two Hospital Docs, and after they told him the DEAL, He called her back and told her "You are GROUNDED for 5 Days, and it is NO USE trying to go around me, cause I ALREADY called the Travel GUY... So get your stuff, Go to the Hotel, Your Trainning Partner (DR.Sue) will Meet you there, and supervise you, for the NEXT 5 DAYS, PERIOD"... She arrived home a week later...

Georgia_Boy, Ganado, oldawg and 3 others like this.
  7. Homer Simpson

Homer Simpson Monkey+++

Wow, 160k on a factory clutch? Must have lived a really hard life. My 2wd 98 Taco has 355k on the factory clutch. First 125k it was a survey truck, then we got it and put on the rest. I am sure the survey crews were not overly nice to it,and I know we work it hard pulling trailers at times. Even with 355k I can still side step the clutch and roast the rear tires. Maybe the 98s were just better than the 06s.

Sorry to hear about AlaskaChicks accident, hope everything works out well for her.

8. BTPost

You have never watched my wife slip the clutch, starting up a Hill....

Ganado and 3M-TA3 like this.
  9. Homer Simpson

Homer Simpson Monkey+++

Enough said.

10. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Clutch abuse!! Clutch abuse!! Write your congress critter, there NEEDS TO BE A LAW!!!

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7