Resource Tales of the Ranch - Operation Eris (Story 2 of the "Normal" Saga) 2015-02-03

by Grand58742

1. Grand58742

Grand58742 Monkey+++

There is nothing worse in this life than jumping out of a perfectly good airplane thought Major Thomas Dayfield to himself as the C-130J took another bounce from the turbulence on its low level flight into the drop area. However, in this case, it gets us out of this turbulence and I’m all for THAT. We should be climbing soon.

He glanced at the men and women around him, sixteen in all, taking the ride about as easily as he was. The pilots, members of the AFNAS 132nd Airlift Squadron (Special), seemed to be going out of their way to find every bump in the area on their way in. They had called in “feet dry” over land and had descended to the low level penetration route on their way to the drop zone. He looked over at Technical Sergeant (E-6) Amber Taylor-Bates, who looked greener than she should have in the dim lighting of the interior of the droning C-130, even with the camouflage face paint on. She attempted a half a smile at him, but was having trouble keeping her stomach from emptying the contents onto the deck of the plane. The loadmaster had handed out the small paper envelopes containing the plastic bags for air sickness prior to take off, but the problem lay in trying to get it out of the envelope quickly enough to be used.

The pdf version for download. If you haven't read "Normal" I would suggest you read it first as this is the sequel to that story.

Enjoy

489 Downloads before being moved to the RM

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2015
  2. Cephus

Cephus Monkey+++ Founding Member

I really enjoyed this story ,you should be in print .
    Do you have any other stories that you have done.
    If so I would love to read them !
    Thank You [applaud]

3. Grand58742

Grand58742 Monkey+++

Yes, the story "Normal" which is available here as well.

The other story is off site HERE which is in progress.

Other stuff is coming along as well.

4. Cephus

Cephus Monkey+++ Founding Member

Also a good story ,hope see it in PDF as well .

You're not over there in Germany around that Sniper 69 are ya . He's good people if ya get the chance say HEY from me would ya !!

Again ya write very well and I for one think ya could make a living at it !!

Take care and stay safe !!

5. Grand58742

Grand58742 Monkey+++

Yes, he's down the road so to speak for Germany. Really nice guy.

I'll pass on your message to him.

6. gunners99

gunners99 Monkey+

Thanks for this.

7. Seabee26

Seabee26 Monkey+

Read Normal and can't wait to read this one. Thanks for all your writings.

8. munchy

munchy Monkey+++

Truly apreciate all your hard work I am almost done with Normal and love it. Thank you for sharing.

9. sjoerdvan

sjoerdvan Monkey+

More !!!!

More great reading ahead. Keep it up

10. Pax Mentis

Pax Mentis Philosopher King |RIP 11-4-2017

Ahhh...here it is...

Thanks...

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7