Talk to me about the Paleo diet?

Discussion in 'Survival of the Fittest' started by cschattner, Mar 11, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Must have been Air Force?! :cautious:
    I never drank coffee until Army basic training. It was the only thing that was warm out on the range.

Dunerunner and Brokor like this.
  2. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

No coffee? Was NOT Navy, not even boot did without coffee. (Sometimes had to wait an hour or so until done pushing the piece.)

Dunerunner and oldawg like this.
  3. cschattner

cschattner Monkey

Yes the joy of being air force. No coffee for us.
    I didn't notice too much after the first two weeks since I was too busy and sleep deprived to care.
    Might work the same way this time too since I have all work and no play again.

Yard Dart likes this.
  4. runswithdogs

runswithdogs Monkey+++

My sister used to drink tons of Dr. Pepper. Decide to give it up & went cold turkey. Said she had the shakes & migrains, chills etc for almost a week straight.

Motomom34 likes this.
  5. cschattner

cschattner Monkey

Your sister has some serious willpower.

6. runswithdogs

runswithdogs Monkey+++

Runs in the family... Although usually we just get called stubborn & bullheaded:p

Motomom34 likes this.
  7. cschattner

cschattner Monkey

I share this issue

8. enloopious

enloopious Rocket Surgeon

9. ditch witch

ditch witch I do stupid crap, so you don't have to

Been there. During my college years I waited tables, which gave me unlimited access to the fountain drinks. By the time I was in my 30s I was downing around 3 liters a day of Diet Dr Pepper. One day I realized I hadn't drank anything BUT soda for years, no water, no tea, so I decided to quit. The withdrawal was gut wrenching. The first few days I didn't even get out of bed, except to go puke. Chills, shakes, migraines, it was like what they describe heroin withdrawal to be like. It was probably two weeks before I felt anywhere close to human again. You'd think I would have quit it for good but I started up again a few years later. When I realized I was doing a couple of 32 oz drinks a day, I quit again. Not as bad that time, but still felt like crap for a week. That was eh, at least 5 years ago. Haven't had a soda since.

Sodas are just poison.

Dunerunner likes this.
  1. Alanaana
  2. Alanaana
    Media

Jungle_gym

Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 27, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  3. Alanaana
    Media

Home_gym

I love my home gym!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Feb 27, 2024, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  4. Ariasmith
  5. Alanaana
    Alleyjandra has life figured out!
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, Nov 29, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  6. Alanaana
  7. Alanaana
  8. Alanaana
    Media

Thankful

I feel so thankful for my life and each new day.
    Uploaded by: Alanaana, May 22, 2023, 0 comments, in album: Alana's_Adventures
  9. Alanaana
  10. Alanaana
  11. Alanaana
  12. jefferson
  13. Alanaana
  14. jefferson
  15. fl4848
  16. HK_User
  17. Ganado
  18. Ganado
  19. hot diggity
  20. Ganado