Taser parties?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ghrit, Jan 4, 2008.

1. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

2. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I prefer the idea of an FFL loading up a couple dozen handguns and doing a gun party but at least this is a move that may help some folks move to more of a mindset of defense rather than being victims.

3. hartage

hartage Monkey+++

Wow, taser parties ? Something like you tase me and giggle your butt off then I tase you and giggle my butt off ? Somehow it strangely sounds interesting.....

4. melbo

melbo Hunter Gatherer Administrator Founding Member

At first I read the title as Taser Panties!

I was shocked

5. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

Now that there is funny, I don't care where you are from![lolol]

6. MbRodge

MbRodge Monkey+++

Tasers are illegal here in Hawaii, along with just about every defensive weapon.

7. monkeyman

monkeyman Monkey+++ Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

In situations like that you hook 3 or 4 sturdy key rings together then hook about a foot long lanyard to the center one and fill the key rings with every key you can find even if you have to go buy a bunch. Not hard to take a chunk out of a brick wall with them.[troll]

8. MbRodge

MbRodge Monkey+++

I keep a solid eighteen inch length of hardwood in the car...because I'm making additional curtain rods and want to make sure I have the right diameter.[shiftyeyes]

9. hartage

hartage Monkey+++

Lol, I will have to remember that one.

10. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Retired Curmudgeonly IT Monkey Founding Member

Great idea on the parties - makes it seem less threatening if her galpals are all munching chocolate and making girltalk. I'd also get away from the use of the term "weapon". No lady sheeple wants to think she's 'packing a weapon'! Sounds too 'macho'.
    Call it a "Ladies Defense Unit" - make it seem friendlier - like a big ol' friendly Lab versus a Doberman. A good Lab can still put a serious hurt on an attacker - as can the Taser. But teach her to take it to the next level - when the perp is down, kick him where it'll really hurt! Then run and call 911. taser1

11. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Another blankety blank euphemism. What is wrong with the English language, anyhow? Why use three words when one will do? (But I agree to a point. Sometimes we have to be touchy feely to get folks to listen rather than close the mind. "Assault weapon" does the obvious. "Kick 'em in the (_____)" is a lot less friendly than "Kick 'em where it hurts the most.")

I have a problem with folks that want to hear sugar coated truths, that cannot take reality on its own terms. But that's me. If it takes parties to swell the ranks of non sheeple, then so be it. Has to be done.

taser1

12. RightHand

RightHand Been There, Done That RIP 4/15/21 Moderator Moderator Emeritus Founding Member

I agree with ghrit to the extent that the sugar coated name can lead to the belief that a sugar coated response to danger is acceptable. People must realize that hurting another person for self protection is not only acceptable but may be required

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7