Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatah

Discussion in 'Humor - Jokes - Games and Diversions' started by MountainMariner, Jul 31, 2016.

1. MountainMariner

MountainMariner Clearly Ambiguous

Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
    Taku, GOG, gravelgurdy and 1 other person like this.
  2. gravelgurdy

gravelgurdy Monkey+++

You gotta be kidding me. That is a supercalifragilistic word at the very least. What the heck does it mean? Or what is the words origin? Native American? Wait, that looks like Hawaiian. Is it?

Ganado likes this.
  3. ghrit

ghrit Bad company Administrator Founding Member

Hm. And I thought there was a longer place name in Wales. Ah, well, been wrong before.

4. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Ever hear of Mahatma Ghandi?
    It is said that he never wore shoes, resulting in large callouses on the bottoms of his feet.
    He was also quite thin and frail, and believed in the spirit world and afterlife.
    It has been said that he lived on a diet of dried fish, which gave him bad breath.
    How would one describe such a man?
    ...super-calloused-fragile-mystic-plagued-with-halitosis...

Minuteman, GOG, Yard Dart and 3 others like this.
  5. UncleMorgan

UncleMorgan I like peeling bananas and (occasionally) people.

"Dance! Dance until you die!" (Hocus Pocus, 1993)

6. Legion489

Legion489 Rev. 2:19 Banned

And I have trouble getting them to get my name right: "Larry Jones." Please spell that. "Larry - L-A-R-R" Was that an E? "No. LARRY - L-A-R-R-Y!" Was that an E? "NO! A Y! L-A-R-R-Y! My last name is Jones - J" Was that a G? "NO! JONES! J! Then O" Was that a U? "Can I get some one who speaks English?" I SPEAK ENGLISH! "OK, can I get someone who speaks English as first or second language?"

Taku and MountainMariner like this.
  7. Brokor

Brokor Live Free or Cry Moderator Site Supporter+++ Founding Member

The name "Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu" translates roughly as "The summit where Tamatea, the man with the big knees, the slider, climber of mountains, the land-swallower who travelled about, played his nose flute to his loved one".

Sorry, I have to LOL. New Zealand.

chelloveck likes this.
  8. Withak

Withak Monkey

Reminds me of a story from back in grade school days. It was about a boy that fell into a well. He had a ridiculously long name and when another boy went to get help, he couldn't say the name because he was out of breath. The name of the boy was:
    Tikki Tikki Tembo-no sa rembo-chari bari ruchi- pip peri pembo. He almost drowns because his name is so long and it was considered an offense to not speak the whole name. The moral of the story was that this was the reason many Chinese began to name their children with very short names. Come to think of it, he may have been from that city...

Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
    Brokor likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7