1. The Topic of the Month for October is "Make this the Perfect Bugout Location". Please join the discussion in the TOTM forum.

Taurus 941

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Hispeedal2, Oct 2, 2010.

1. Hispeedal2

Hispeedal2 Nay Sayer

Anyone ever played with one?

I read one review from Gunblast that seemed promising. I have access to one for $350 at the moment. Near new. I have no idea if that is a good deal or not.

I'm not a big fan of Taurus handguns as a whole. There just isn't that many options in terms of a .22Mag dedicated DA revolver with a 4-5 inch barrel.
  2. Seawolf1090

Seawolf1090 Adventure Riding Monkey Founding Member

A shooting buddy has the Taurus .44Mag revolver that he really likes, and I have handled and shot others. They seem well built and a good value for the money.
  3. Witch Doctor 01

Witch Doctor 01 Mojo Maker

Try the trigger... some folks seem to think the pull is a little stiff... there have been some barrel fouling issues and timing issues reported, but some folks say they shoot sweet...

Taurus 941 Magnum Ultra-Lite Double Action Revolver Reviews Forum and Reference Guide

I think that Charter arms makes a nice little 6 shot .22 mah with a 4" barrel... haven't shot one but have carried a Charter arms undercover .38 for a couple of years...
  4. NVBeav

NVBeav Monkey+++

SurvivalBlog contributor Michael Z Williamson gave a short review of the Kel-Tec PMR-30, which happens to be a .22 Magnum pistol (Kel-Tec link). Here's the link to the SurvivalBlog article.

With its 30-rnd magazine, you could do a lot of shooting, and it looks like a really fun pistol... But, alas, I'd rather have a .22 Magnum rifle. Hmmm, there's got to be a really good use for that pistol...
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary