Taurus Judge .45LC/.410

Discussion in 'Turf and Surf Hunting and Fishing' started by oth47, Nov 30, 2010.

1. oth47

oth47 Monkey+

Anybody done any small game hunting with this particular gun? I have the 6 1/2" barrel,looks to me like it should make a small game getter at reasonable distances with .410s.

2. Seacowboys

Seacowboys Senior Member Founding Member

shot a possum on the half-shell with one the other night, does that count? But I shot it with .45LC.

3. oth47

oth47 Monkey+

The only shooting I've done with mine has been at targets,mostly shotshells.I think you would have to choose your shots carefully,too close you'll blow the critter up,too far you might miss completely.The shot seems to scatter a lot at longer ranges.I'm gonna try some bigger shot.

4. Minuteman

Minuteman Chaplain Moderator Founding Member

The only living thing I have dispatched with mine was a copperhead last spring. Target trials show it to not be very accurate with the .45 lc and range is definitley limited. The longer barrel will extend that out somewhat. I think it would serve as a survival, hunting gun, but other platforms would work much better. I think it is better suited to other applications.
    I bought mine to carry when clearing brush or tromping around the back 40. The ability to mix loads makes it an ideal all around defense weapon. With a mix of shotshell, 000 buck and a couple of .45's I am prepared for anything I might happen to meet up with. Whether a charging rattler, a ready to strike sow, a rabid, teeth bared tree rat or the occasional MZB.

I really like mine and for what I use it for it works great.

survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7