Tax time, got my fun money!

Discussion in 'Financial Cents' started by Oddcaliber, Feb 11, 2018.

1. Oddcaliber

Oddcaliber Monkey+++

Just checked my card and my money's there! After some needed car repairs I'll have enough left to restock an old rifle, put some on my toolbox and maybe pick up another gun at the gun show next month. Gotta have priorities right!

2. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

Forget the car repairs. Buy guns.:)

3. oldman11

oldman11 Monkey+++

And a lot of ammo

4. Oddcaliber

Oddcaliber Monkey+++

I have to fix the car to get the guns and ammo! LOL

5. 3cyl

3cyl Monkey+++

Fix your withholding you should be paying in and using "their" money interest free all year

6. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

We are going to buy a Canopy for the White Toyota 4X4 Pickup Truck, and use the rest on our month long PAID vacation in April...

7. Asia-Off-Grid

Asia-Off-Grid RIP 11-8-2018

The gov'ment offers debit cards now, for tax refund payments?

8. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

Direct deposits can be routed to debit cards. Not necessarily govt cards.

9. Ura-Ki

Ura-Ki Grampa Monkey

After paying capital gains, and getting dry raped on my personal income taxes, should see a nice "Bonus" from Ol'Uncle Fed!!! Be a nice little pay day, finally!

10. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

This is very true. Figure, then alter withholding rate so that it is a wash or you owe them...but make sure you keep that amount handy as Murphy can make uninvited showings...

3cyl, Oddcaliber, UncleMorgan and 4 others like this.
  11. Yard Dart

Yard Dart Vigilant Monkey Moderator

Tax return with fun tickets..... what is that?!
    We have paid extra for many years........:censored:

12. Bandit99

Bandit99 Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

I fully expect to be posting 'rantings and ravings' in the appropriate category next week when I start my taxes...it is going to be very, very ugly and not a damn thing I can do about it.

Ura-Ki, oldman11, Oddcaliber and 2 others like this.
  13. Altoidfishfins

Altoidfishfins Monkey+++ Site Supporter+

14. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

Most of my share is going into my safe deposit box.
    I miss having stacks on stacks on stacks.

Ura-Ki, oldman11 and UncleMorgan like this.
  15. Cruisin Sloth

Cruisin Sloth Special & Slow

Yup , If you make coin , pay !!
    So I make sure I don't over pay.
    I use to buy myself a job & pay huge TAXES .They took away incentives for owners etc. They started taxing perks we had , so after that BS , I said enough . Sold the business and made sure the workers were happy for the move.
    Sold the land after the business closed up.

If they TAX the crap out of you , why work harder & pay for employees , WCB plus all the regulations they make.
    I just work enough / for keeping afloat .
    The boats keep dropping / leaking .
    Farmers barley ;) break even .
    Sloth

16. Cruisin Sloth

If it's in A BANK !! IT's NOT SAFE or YOURS !!

Read that huge eula / book you signed .

Ura-Ki, 3cyl, oldman11 and 2 others like this.
  17. techsar

techsar Monkey+++

Yup...if it has real value, a bank's safe deposit box is not a good place for it...not if you (or your descendants) ever expect to retrieve it.

18. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

I go to my deposit box a few times a month.
    My wife doesn't think the house is a safe place for what amounts to a good portion of my retirement, I agree.
    She wanted me to put it in a savings account. And get that 0.9% interest, oh and it's FDIC insured. Big whoopti do.
    I didn't want to have any record of that money, I already know privet individuals transactions over $10,000 get an extra look and I already know they won't let you take much more than $15,000 cash with out 3 business days notice during normal circumstances. Better luck getting blood from a turnip than getting a few hundred dollars out of the bank when there is a run on the banks.
    So the compromise was a deposit box.

What am I supposed to do go bury it in my field and dig it up anytime I want to add money until one day I come back to add or take money out and it's gone?
    My luck will be that it would disappear when I actually need it.
    Have it get stolen when I'm at work?
    My best friend is a 911 operator here in town and she says they are getting a huge spike in burglaries since last fall, mostly on nicer houses out in the countey that belong to people who sound white over the phone and who have white sounding names, exactly like me.
    Oh yeah, but it's not safe in the banks safe at all....
    Since I know plenty of people who have had their homes broken into, I know no one who has had their deposit box ripped off.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
    3M-TA3, Ura-Ki, oldman11 and 2 others like this.
  19. UncleMorgan

UncleMorgan I like peeling bananas and (occasionally) people.

Just jumping in for a couple of quick comments here.

1. No one should EVER use a safety deposit box at a bank. Especially if they want to keep something valuable safe.
    Use Google-Fu to find out why.

2. No one should EVER use a debit card. A debit card is the same as a wallet full of cash. If someone gets access to it, the money is gone. Period. Likewise, unlike a credit card, there are no avenues for redress in a bad transaction. You've already paid cash with a debit card, so there's no way to stop the payment.

Would be more detailed here, but pressed for time at the moment.

3M-TA3, Alf60, Ura-Ki and 2 others like this.
  20. Cruisin Sloth

Above is TRUE 100 %
    We have independent Vaults
    Or learn how to Vault internal

Sloth

oldman11 likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7