Tax time, got my fun money!

Discussion in 'Financial Cents' started by Oddcaliber, Feb 11, 2018.

1. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

I always figured if I lived in a City, I would jackHammer a big Hole in the cement Floor in the corner of the garage, and install a Floor Safe Welded to the Exposed Rebar, and the repour the Concrete around it...it would be safe from Fire, Theft, and make the Locking Mechanism require both a Combination AND an external Switch Closure, that was Hidden in Plain Sight in the House, and looked just like all the other Lighting Switches in the place. Change the Lithium Battery inside the Safe, once a year, and you are secure as you can get, in this world....

oldman11 likes this.
  2. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

The pros know if they find one safe to take a close look for more.
    Stupid kids or crack heads would just grab the honey pot safe and run if not bolted down or built in. As most likely don't have the tools, mentally or physically to crack a big safe.

oldman11 likes this.
  3. oil pan 4

oil pan 4 Monkey+++

No, what you do is put a NFA item in your deposit box.
    If they clean out your box, the bank will have technically stolen an NFA weapon.
    Bet it will get found real quick with BATFE breathing down their neck.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
  4. BTPost

BTPost Stumpy Old Fart,Deadman Walking, Snow Monkey Moderator

I have a friend that is a Master BladeSmith, and when he travels to Knife Shows he packs a cheap Ruger Pistol in the same case with all his Custom Knives... So that if the contents gets pillfered it is a Federal Felony Offense, investigated by ATF... Before he started doing this, he had a few knives disappear while in transit, NONE were ever recovered, or compensated for... Since making this New Packing arrangment, His cases have ALWAYS been TSA Inspected, but he has NOT lost a single knife, in 5 Years... Does that tell you something? I ALWAYS pack my Browning HiPower in my luggage, when traveling, as well as my Kukuri Knife, for exactly the same reasons... Now the Browning is part of my FFL Inventory, so if it gets pillfered, my First Call is to the local ATF OFFICE, in front of the Airlines Agent... Man do the Airlines get really worried, if my baggage doesn’t show up on the belt... Never actually had it disappear, but it did get delayed a couple of times over the years, and the airlines got REALLY BUSY, working on finding it and getting it back in my possession...

VisuTrac likes this.
survivalmonkey SSL seal        survivalmonkey.com warrant canary
17282WuJHksJ9798f34razfKbPATqTq9E7